We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Firstly - thank you all for your posts. They have helped me plan my trip for m and my 16 year old son to Dubai this July.

My son is nature mad, we were considering a couple of days at sir baniyas island however the flights do not really suit our needs hence we are looking at a day trip to Al Ain zoo.

I see the zoo does not open until 4 pm so wondered if we could combine this as below:

Taxi from dubai to ferrari world, then taxi to Al Ain zoo, then taxi back to dubai?

Note this trip will be on either 27th or 28th July - the end of Ramadan. Any advice would be welcome!!

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

I've done the DxB, AD, AlAin triangle in one day a few times over the years and for different purposes. It will be a very long, exhausting day, but technically doable. That said, I'd first check the Ramadan hours of these attractions as these may be different. You also want to consider the heat factor and how much energy you all will have by the time you make it to Al Ain zoo after such a long day.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

That is about 5 hours on the road between the 3 locations! You need to add the hours in Ferrari world say 4 hours and another 4 hours in the zoo. Almost a 9 am to 10 pm day with 5 hours in the car. Only you can decide if you can do it. Keep in mind it very hot in Alain in July. Also it might be the last day of Ramadan or the first day of Eid depending on the moon observation so you need to check the working hours for both the Zoo and FW

Edited: 06 June 2014, 18:47
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Thank you all for replying. So technically doable. I had considered hiring a car however the 5 hours driving put me off. I was thinking I could rest in taxi between activities.

Would getting a taxi back from Al Ain be difficult?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

The points about Ramadan and the weather are important.

It's inadvisable and disrespectful to be seen eating, drinking or smoking in public during daylight hours. So, for such a long day away from your hotel, you'll have to bring food and drink with you and find somewhere private to consume them. If you find an Indian driver, not a Muslim Pakistani or Arab, you can refuel en route. Failing that, you'll be hiding in the toilets or looking for a 4* hotel that caters to westerners. It is very important to keep hydrated.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

If done properly & at leisure Ferrari World & the zoo are both day long activities, so in effect you are trying to pack in 2 days worth of activities in one day. Its going to be hot & hectic and you would be spending a major chunk of your time on the road. Moreover, Al Ain zoo is lot of leg work as it is spread out over a huge area with so much to see.

You say 'technically doable', yes, it is so but only if you want to tick these places off your list. If you really want to make most of your visits and the money spent either pick just one of the 2 of plan it over 2 days.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

First of all, I'd consider an overnight stay in either Al Ain or Abu Dhabi due to such a hectic trip.

My guess is that you have accommodations in Dubai and is likely why you're trying to make a day trip out of it.

Secondly, the Al Ain Zoo operating calendar looks a little tricky to me, have a look:

alainzoo.ae/home/plan-your-visit/annual-oper…

This could be due to uncertainty of the moon sighting but the color on the legend for EID doesn't exist so you may want to drop them a line to clarify if they're open during EID or not.

Also, if you do it over two (2) days, your taxi fare could very well be the cost of a hotel room in either Abu Dhabi or Al Ain.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Thank you all. The reason Im trying to do it all in a day is I am aware once eid hits both of these places may become very busy.

I am in dubai from 21st (evening) to 29th (evening) so maybe will relook at my plans. I'm not keen on hotels in abu dhabi or al ain as have 3 hotels booked already and don't really want to be moving bags anymore (plus checking out times etc.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Sharp this is the second " downside advice "to people about Ramadan. We have holidayed in Dubai during Ramadan - in JBH- and not really had any bother at all. Advice on Ramadan is available in the FAQ on the right hand side of the page.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

Ramadan will impact a holiday in Dubai, especially during the super hot months. To some people, it's no big deal and they are perfectly able to carry on with their vacation. To others it may pose a major challenge. I think offering advice about Ramadan is the right thing to do, and at the end of the day, people can assess for themselves and strategize accordingly.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferrari world and Al Ain zoo realistic day trip from Dubai?

I support FastTrack's view. You'd be surprised how many people don't realise that their trip coincides with Ramadan and what the limitations can be.

If you don't smoke or drink much, don't have small kids and are happy to lounge by the hotel pool all day, you'll hardly notice it. But if you're out and about, in the summer, keeping kids fed and hydrated is v important. And you can't just dive into the nearest coffee shop or fast food place. Or pop outside for a smoke.

But, it's a great way of understanding a different culture and outlook on life, and actually a very joyful and spiritual time for many of my friends and colleagues.