We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Manchester...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

We will be visiting Dubai in 8 weeks. Im so excited. With the help of all the lovely people on this forum it really has become one of my favourite places in the world.

It will be our 5th visit to Dubai, but our first bringing a group of friends and dare I say, I'm a little nervous. I feel like Ive talked about it non stop which has led to them visiting, but with our jobs we're confined to visiting in August and despite the heat we still find it a lovely place to be but I appreciate thats not for everyone.

we've chosen to stay at Jumeirah as we are bringing 3 children and I felt it offered the right mix of an adult and childrens holiday. As we're staying at the Dar Al Masyaf, I've asked that we're given rooms in the same villa and would imagine this is a fairly simple request. Whilst we made the booking of the 3 rooms over 2 bookings, I need the 3 rooms to be close so we can spend time together but also watch our children at the same time.

In respect of the childrens meals under the summer flavours offer - must the children eat at the same time as us as this isnt likely to work very well. Im presuming you cant order childrens meals to the room on the offer? They are all good eaters but just in case they unexpectedly turn their nose up at stuff - if I take a couple of heat up style toddler pouches would the hotel be ok to heat them up for me just as they would at home?

Finally for meals during the evening, do I have to enquire at each restaurant whether the children are permitted at certain times during the evenings or are there any general rules of thumb?

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,732 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
222 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,416 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
196 reviews
from US$231.08*
Giffnock, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Last year, our son is under 6yrs, 3yrs old to be precise and at that time any child under 6 was afforded free food delivered to the room at no charge to us. It was fantastic and the menu was great. We got him something to eat and got ourselves ready to go for drinks. I enquired a few months back, although we are now staying in the JBH this time, they stated that they do not do that now. Not sure if this was for all Jumeirah hotels or just the JBH. i'm at work will send you a contact email for one of the Guest relation managers, to contact her directly. Good luck, will miss DAM this time but got a great deal for the JBH and more for the kids to do.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

There is one telephone line for the Madinat restaurant reservation which you can call and reserve or inquire about dress code or children policy for all restaurants within the Madinat complex. It's +971 4 366 6730

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

The Summer Flavours offer is not valid for in room dining. You can always order from in room dining at additional cost.

The majority of restaurants are family friendly, as you will know Dubai is a very family orientated place. The only ones that are exceptions tend to be bars and nightclubs.

You can always take your children to a buffet restaurant, where they can choose what to eat, earlier in the evening and just use their vouchers. Then go out for dinner later with your vouchers.

They will have no issue heating baby food.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Many thanks for the replies.

The food delivered to the room would have been most useful, it is a shame this is no longer possible. Our children are under 2, so whilst they would not fit around our meal times it would be a little over kill to have to attend at a restaurant at each and every of their own meal times in addition to our own.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Hi

My daughter has been to Dubai for the last years aged 8 month and 22 months old. She's off there again next month and will be nearly 3 years old.

We have always taken her with us to evening meals 7/730 and she's coped fine. When she was younger we took the pushchair in the evenings but last year she sat up with us and had an amazing time.

I'm not sure what your routine is like but we through any normal bedtime etc out the window and go with the flow.

Oh and we ve always stayed at dAM and will be back there in August. It's very child friendly and my daughter loved all the different foods :-)

Edited: 11 July 2014, 23:37
Manchester...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Thanks Emz. Its our 6th time at DAM and my daughters third. It just seems so changeable as she has been different ages with different requirements each time. She'll be great in the evenings and happy to go with the flow, it was more that she probably wouldn't wait until we eat for her dinner but I've sorted that now.

We're there in 3 weeks - can't wait!!!

Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

Hi not sure if you are at the DAM at present but we go every year, and have always ordered the child meal in the room, allowing the children to eat earlier if needed.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,487 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

The level of service is quite exceptional.

Come and enjoy.

9. Re: Visit to DAM.. a few queries..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16