We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise or hotels

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise or hotels

What are the suggestions to travel?

By cruise or hotels? With our teens or just couple? I mean is it too expensive to go all the family together?

What are the best expérience? How long is it suggested?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise or hotels

All options are really good and possible. It depends on you. How do you imagine holidays? What do you want to see and do? What do you consider expensive?

Cruise is not cruise. There are different approaches and ships (from large family and activity oriented ships with 3'000 plus passengers to more relaxed and intimate approaches in smaller ships with maybe only 200 pax).

There are some fantastic hotels in Dubai, but again what are you looking for? Activities for the total family or rather a serene and relaxing experience?

For some people paying USD 350 per room/night is just out of this world and crazy, for others it is the 'normal' going rate. And some people pay happily over USD 1'000 per night and call it great value for money!

In terms of length you hear everything. Some people say they are bored in Dubai after 2 - 3 days, some people come back again and again and again and find spending 10 days short.

So, it would be great if you could tell us a bit more about what do you imagine and give us a bit of a budget idea.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise or hotels

Dubai is a great destination for various types of travellers and has something to offer all budgest and interest groups.

For families or couples there are numerous options including theme parks, hotels linked to malls, bus tours, evening entertainment options, beach activities, adventure activities such as sky diving, desert experiences, day trips to nearby emirates, visits to local heritage sites, amazing dining options, Dubai fountains and the Dubai mall.

There are accommodation options from 3* and above, great 4* & 5* hotels, apartment hotels, airport hotels and more.

Depending on where you're coming from there are also cruise packages with stops made in Dubai.

Ideally spend a minimum of 3 nights in Dubai to experience diverse options and anywhere upto 5-7 nights is also good if you combine it with nearby cities or split your stay between city hotel and then beach hotels.

Summer time in Dubai sees hotels offering amazing rates and deals, but this is also coupled with the hot temperatures. If you don't mind the heat this is a great time to take advantage of lower rates.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise or hotels

Combine it. Do a cruise and stay.

Doing a cruise gives you chance to look at other places too without having to worry about arranging alternative transport. Most cruises are one week but out of all the places you'll visit on the cruise Dubai has the most to see and do. I've done the cruise and I've also stayed in a hotel in Dubai. I enjoyed both.

If funds and time are no problem then opt for the cruise and then stay in Dubai for 3-7 days to see the places you wouldn't have time to see when it's your port of call.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise or hotels

The short answer is it depends what you want out of your vacation. Personally i like to travel with my family and enjoy the time with them. I know friends who like to leave their kids and go as a couple. It's personal preference. Certainly if you take your children it will cost more. Is it expensive? Again depends on how much you spend and what hotels you stay at. The beauty of dubai is that you can enjoy it without spending much (malls, beaches, parks are free) and on the other hand you can splash thousands on a meal in burj al arab or a private cruise in the sea.

3 to 5 days is the average time you can spend here and get to see and enjoy what the city has to offer and certainly many people spend weeks and come back every year to enjoy the city.

5. Re: Cruise or hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16