We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

Hi,

I am going to Dubai for 5 nights, with my 13 year old son and my husband. I booked a "holiday package" through Lastminute.com, intending to stay at JBH half board. Unfortunately,my booking is for Sheraton Jumeirah Beach & towers.

I have emailed to ask for an amendment and I will call during working hours to discuss. There will be charges, after 48 hours, plus any price difference and this is the case.

1. Please has anyone stayed at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach and towers? Is there any good thing about this blunder of mine?

2. If this cost is outrageous, should we keep Sheraton Jumeirah OR ask for a cheaper but nicer alternative, maybe even not on the beach.

3. Any recommended alternative locations AND hotels, please? Perhaps a central location or Bur Dubia and take the little boats to Deira?

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,463 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

Not sure what you can do if it is your fault and in any event the price difference between Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Sheraton is huge.

1. There are lots of people who have stayed at Sheraton Jumeirah Beach - here are their reviews.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d3044…

I wouldn't book half board in Dubai anyway unless it was free as one of the upsides of staying at the Sheraton is the 1 mile of cafes and restaurants outside your door on Jumeirah Beach Walk. The Sheraton doesn't give you free access to Wild Wadi, such as you would get a Jumeirah Beach hotel.

Just to ad to the confusion Jumeirah is a well used name in Dubai and many areas have that name - Jumeirah Beach Walk and Jumeirah Beach hotel are 20 minutes apart by taxi.

2. If you were happy with the cost of staying at Sheraton then why change to something that is cheaper and sacrifice being on the beach ?

3. I wouldn't bother looking at alternative locations as you have already booked and again a central location will not be on the beach. Jumeirah Beach Walk is massively popular, a very vibrant area with cafes etc, a new mall on the beach and plenty to satisfy what you want from a holiday.

You can visit Aquaventure or WIld Wadi easily from the Sheraton by taxi.

In summary I'd save your money and stay with your booking

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,336 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

As Latimer says the price difference between the hotels will be vast. They are at different ends of the beach but the Sheraton is relatively close to the Marina and the Walk.

They also offer a courtesy bus to the mall but from recollection this stops off at other hotels too which makes it rather time consuming.

I'd stick with your original booking. Reviews in general are good for the Sheraton and you have the advantage of being on the beach. You also have the option to upgrade to Club class if this appeals to you.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

Agreed, you will be pleasantly surprised by how nice and lively the area around your hotel is. People drive the distance just to hangout there!

4. Re: SHERATON Jumeirah mistakenly booked for Jumeirah Beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16