We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai hotels and visa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dubai hotels and visa

I will be arriving to dubai on the 17th of July 12am

I will be travelling with my husband and 3 children aged 2,3,6

I need good and not so expensive hotels I will be flying out of dubai on the 19th at 3pm

My husband needs a transit transportation visa as we will arrive at dubai world centre and leave from the international airport.

I would prefer our hotel to be close to the international airport and mainly somewhere that my husband can smoke.

Where or what can we do or go with our kids.

I was also interested in massage spa etc

Please give me information with what you can and also with price as our budget is not too big

Thank you in advance

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

You need to share a bit more, like what is your budget per night. Many hotels will not accept 5 pax in one room (insurance reasons). so consider renting a hotel apartment.

If your husband needs a transit visa, you can get this maybe with the airline or the hotel. Transit visa gives you 96 hours, so that is fine. Maybe double check if your husband's passports qualifies for visa on arrival: emirates.com/english/…uae_visas.aspx

For transportation best is to take a taxi.

If you need to go from one airport to the other, I would stay more central in the city and then drive to the Dubai Int. airport on the 19th.

There are plenty of spas in Dubai (basically in every larger hotel). Prices depend on length and reputation / location.

Your kids will like the water parks for sure. With younger kids the Wild Wadi will be nicer, by my opinion (but opinions are different).

Mall of Dubai will be nice as well with the large aquarium, the fountains and the Burj Khalifa.

During Ramadan during the day smoking is not allowed in the public.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

I was thinking at about up to $100 a night

ok so give me a bit about your opinion on what we should do according to our stay in dubai and with our kids

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

Wooppss i gave you wrong dates i mean we arrive on the 18th/7 at 12am and we will leave on the 19th at 11am

Also is there close apartments close to the airport and do you think we should stay close to the world center or go closer to the international airport also do you think I should book hotel/apartment for the 18th as we arrive at 12am

or should I go to the international airport and stay at marhaba lounge for the time being and just stay over night from 18th to 19th somewhere

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

So you have 24 hrs. I would go to a water park on day 1. Day 2 you need to be at the airport at around 1300 hours latest. So not much time between getting up, getting everybody ready, packing, checkin-out and then transferring to the ariport.

Your budget is very tight, so I would look what is available and then try to be closer to the airport. Have a look at the airport hotels. If you can move all in one room then your budget is fine.

If you arrive on 18th, you will have to book for the 18th, right.

Marhaba lounge has a max. stay duration of 4 hours, if I remember rightly and with the kids you need a proper set-up, you cannot just camp in the airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

I was planning to book from the 17th to 19th could you please recommend some hotels or maybe apartment is better

As ny husband smokes and we have 3 childreb

i do not want to be paying too much i was looking at about $100-$130 a night

can you help me find somewhere close to the airport and maybe something the kids can enjoy

also could you please give some advice on taxis ot transport when I arrive so I can go from the world center to the hotel.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 11:19
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

If you want an apartment close to the main airport then look at

Flora Creek

Chelsea Towers

and others in Deira or Bur Dubai.

Look at a booking engine such as www.booking.com and arrange by price.

I have no idea if you mean US $ or AUS $ but you may get something in July - it is also Ramadan so hotel rates will be cheapest

7. Re: Dubai hotels and visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16