We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai to Fujairah

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai to Fujairah

We are currently in Dubai and would like to travel to Fujairah, does anyone have advice on th best way to get there?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

I'm surprised that you did not seek assistance from your hotel concierge. Anyway, I suggest you hire a car from your hotel or call the Dubai Taxi (04 208 0808) and ask for a car hire and a fixed rate to and from Fujairah.

I don't suggest a rental car where you drive on your own unless you live in Dubai because on some parts of the drive to Fujairah, the highway turns into a one (1) lane only in each direction and some people will try to force you to speed or want to overtake you with oncoming traffic going in the opposite direction. Not fun for a visitor to the UAE, it's scary stuff and especially at nights. Good luck.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

There's also a bus from Union Station (approx 25 AED pp).

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

Taxi will be the best way and the bus the cheapest.

It's around 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on which option you take.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

Just take a taxi. If you want to come back the same day, reserve a taxi for a day. Compare what the hotel will offer you. You could also stay a night there.

If the driver goes to fast, tell him to slow down. Make some stops and enjoy during the travel.

It is not scary by the way. I had more dangerous encounters with road trains in Australia than with on the road to Fujairah.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

If you go up a couple of levels to the United Arab Emirates forum level, look at the top right of the page for an article on a UAE driving tour that someone contributed recently. Highly recommended reading and may be useful to you.

6. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 10:05
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

Hi nidashariq, please do not start your own little advertising campaign on TA. It is against the forum rules.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

With the new short route highway to Fujairah, it is a breeze to drive this route.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

thanks everyone for your valuable advice, we finally found a day trip through our hotel at a very reasonable price.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubai to Fujairah

Some say there is a bus from Dubai to Fujairah and cost AED 25 departing from Union Square, now I don't know if Union Square is the same as Al Ithihad Square? When I asked the taxi driver he told me that Ittihad Square is near Sharjah and that you need to take bus from Dubai to Sharjah and then change to the other going to Fujairah...

rta.ae/wpsv5/links/buses/timetable/E701.pdf

Anyway, I ended up getting a private car company that Park Hyatt had a deal with and I ended up paying AED 350 per way (AED 700 for going there, 2 hours spare time and going back). You can also book a normal standard Dubai taxi for this purpose where you have to pay AED 600 for 8 hours.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 21:41