We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirement for transiting through Dubai Airport

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirement for transiting through Dubai Airport

Hello,

I am travelling from India to Iran via Dubai. I am not sure about visa requirement for Dubai. I am travelling on Emirates from Delhi to Dubai which arrives at terminal 3 in Dubai. Then from Terminal 2 of Dubai, I will be taking flight to Iran which is not emirates. I know that if it would have been emirates flight on both the sectors, I definitely dont require any visa for UAE. but in this case first I will have to collect my baggage then will have to travel from terminal 3 to terminal 2...then check in once again with connecting airline. Also I am not sure if I will have to go through immigration process for both before collecting my luggage from Emirates at terminal 3 and after depositing my luggage with connecting airline at terminal 2. Please let me know do I need to have any Visa or is there any service or facility available which allows passengers to transfer their luggage directly for check in and go to other terminal. please reply soon as I am planning to travel in next week only.

thanks

nickey

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirement for transiting through Dubai Airport

It would have been easier to stay with Emirates for sure. What is the other airline you are flying with? Are the flights on one or two tickets?

If they are on one ticket or the airline have a so called interline agreement you can check you luggage directly through. In the worst case you will need to pay Marhaba. You can transfer from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 (for a fee). And once in Dubai, you do not need a visa to transfer.

The issue is rather in India. If you have booked two separate tickets you might have a problem boarding Emirates as your final destination technically is Dubai and you do not have a visa for Dubai.

So best is to come back with some more information.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirement for transiting through Dubai Airport

thanks for your reply. both the tickets are separate tickets and I am travelling from dubai to iran on some iranian airline...i have checked with emirates and they are saying that they have oneway interline agreement with that airline...and they can tag my luggage till my final destination in Iran......And while coming back as per them, I will have to approach emirates transfer desk at arrival terminal in dubai for luggage transfer from iranian airline to emirates by showing my luggage tags...and they will retrieve those bags and transfer....but I didnt check with them if this service is chargeable or free.

And I believe passengers can freely travel on passenger side of airport free of cost by buses between all three terminals without going through immigration (means visa not required).

now only problem is separate tickets. as its some iranian airline...and i believe they do not have any agreements with international airlines for issuing tickets as a single ticket...so how to board emirates in India....also all passengers have to have "okay to board" in their PNR...which is possible only with VISA....is their any way I can board flight in India.....or do you think by paying for Merhaba only emirates will allow me to board with separate tickets and without okay to board.

please reply soon.

3. Re: Visa requirement for transiting through Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16