We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in Sept

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in Sept

Hi All

We are looking forward to our trip to Dubai in sept but I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help with. The last time we were in Dubai was 2010 & we stayed with friends. This year we have booked into the JA Ocean View for 10nights. The hotel seems to have decent reviews on TA but locations wise is there restaurants, shops etc within walking distance?

Can you also recommend any nice restaurants? It's out anniversary while we are there and looking for somewhere nice, maybe itailian?

Last question, we are spending the rest of our holiday in Abu Dhabi, I have read on here you can get the bus from ibn battuta mall direct to AD has anyone done this or would it be best just to get a taxi?

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in Sept

I don't know this hotel personally but it appears to be located right on The Walk at JBR, so there should be lots of choice virtually on your doorstep. Others will have more details and recommendations.

The bus you want goes from outside Ibn Battuta metro station. It's service E101 and the timetable is here: bus.rtaprojects.me/rta_bus_eng/plan_what.php. Fare is 25 dirhams each way and you'll need a rechargeable Nol card which you can buy and top up in any metro station. Buses are comfortable and have a snack service and free wifi. It drops you at AD bus station and you can grab a taxi to your hotel from just outside.

Or you could get a taxi all the way for around 250 dirhams. Any Dubai taxi off the street will happily take you.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 12:55
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in Sept

The hotel is on Jumeirah Beach walk so there is over 1 mile of cafes and restaurants right outside the door.

Only hotel restaurants are licensed so if that is what you want for your anniversary then I would look at BiCE, which is in the Hilton hotel about 10 mins walk away.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g295424-…

Nice bar in there too

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in Sept

As mentioned you will have endless choices of restaurants and cafés.

I have tried BICE. It is one of the best Italian restaurants in Dubai. The views are amazing also as it is located on a high floor.

Other choices for Italian could be Bussola in The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi which is not too far about 5-10 min by taxi and Segreto in Madinat Jumeirah which is also not too far by taxi about 10 min

The bus to AD is clean and more economical compared to the taxi. You can take the metro from JLT stop near your hotel to Ibn Batuta metro stop then hop on the bus from there. It will take you more time than the taxi though.

4. Re: Dubai in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17