We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

OK

Only our second venture out of the resort last night and went to Latitude at the ZS.

Last time we went we had the choice of full A La Carte (albeit without a few expensive options) or we could have a starter & Dessert from the Buffet and an A La Carte main course.

I questioned the Maître D to confirm about how the SF worked and he politely informed me that it was only good for the Buffet.

Now I know I'm going to sound like a pretentious @#¥* but I don't do buffets 😉

Joking aside, we had dressed up as last time we went most guests were dressed up and the room is very classy this time there were many in shorts, polo shirts & flip flops so it wasn't really for us and I would rather use my vouchers on a 'proper' dinner.

So we kindly declined and went to Amala where yet again we had a great dining experience.

Everywhere seemed a bit busier, not sure if it's still a weekend thing or the hotels are getting more guests.

Also, went to the D&A to watch the late match, nice atmosphere and got a table without any issue about 11.45.

Segreto tonight, one of my favourites.

🍴🍷

Still 7 days left and Gout hadn't kicked in yet 😄

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

Sounds like you're having a great time. I guess you mean Imperium rather that Latitude at JBH.

Amala is one of my favourite restaurants so you had a much better value meal in my humble opinion!

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

Well done Swiss,

Just keeping you on your toes ;o)

Yes, I agree Amala is a better dining experience than Latitude...I mean Imperium

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

After I was caught not reading my emails the other day with MJs steakhouse I thought I better get one back ;)

Still think Latitude in JBH is one of the better informal evening buffets around.

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

I'll have to take your word for it as "I don't do Buffets"

😉

London
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

Loving your reviews! 66 days and counting until back to DAM for 3 time (6th back to Madinat)

Enjoy yhr rest of your stay and looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

6. Re: Madinat / Ramadan Update #5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:15