We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel in 2015?

North yorks
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel in 2015?

We normally stay at LRM, however we are wanting to book up for 2015 & feel its time for a change from LRM, it seems to overcrowed this year with kids. Any ideas on nice hotels we like a nice beach if poss, lovely pools & not many kids, we looked at JZS but just cannot make our minds up, any ideas? Also has anyone booked yet for 2015? If so anyone got a good deal? If so who with? Look forward to hearing from you all....

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

2015, I love how well planned some families are!

I think you may have to wait until September to get the best possible deal for then, but no harm in looking now.

I'd recommend looking at Al Qasr (a classic family resort which never fails to take your breath away when riding an abra at night), Jumeirah Zabeel Saray (opulence in a modern setting but a little further away from chain mall civilisation), Fairmont The Palm (great pricing for a 'beach' hotel and good service levels), Grovesnor House (you'd get the pool/beach access of LRM with a higher standard of accommodation).

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

I stayed at the Residence & Spa at One & Only Royal Mirage in May and it was a fantastic experience. I didn't see any children while I was there and the Residence section of the resort feels quite intimate (only 48 rooms) and it's a beautiful property. Very nice 1km long private beach and private restaurants for R&S guests only. The service was outstanding as well.

(The Palace section of the resort has an adults-only pool but I didn't see that.)

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

I would avoid the 'Jumeirah' group of hotels if you want to avoid kids - the summer flavours deal together with their extensive kiddies clubs make these hotels a haven for families.

You will not avoid kids in the school holidays but I would say the least family orientated beach hotels are The One & Only and The Ritz Carlton. These tend to be at the higher end price wise though.

Alternatively look at a city hotel, some have access to beach hotels and even those that do not - you will generally be guaranteed a child free pool - When I visited Raffles (granted we did have our little girl) we were the only ones by the pool every time we visited.

Some hotels such as the Westin have an adults only section by the pool.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

If you want on the beach then I agree that The One and Only Royal Mirage or The Ritz Carlton on The Walk are great choices.

If you don't mind a city hotel then The Address Downtown or The Palace downtown or Raffles are great choices. The Grand Hyatt also has nice pools and gardens but it's location is not as good as the other 3.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

Hi, We too are looking for May 2015. Did fancy LRM (stayed here on our first ever visit to Dubai) but a little put off now. We stayed at Grosvenor house in May this year and loved it. Stayed at JZS last October, a really lovely hotel but would be better if you could pick it up and put it on the mainland. Its a bit far out and the beach isn't the best....but if the price was right and you weren't particularly bothered about being far out I would go for that. The Westin is also a lovely hotel, nice pools and beach setting. Its a hard call as there are so many lovely hotels to choose from. Netflights have good prices at the moment with some hotels offering half board, but I think you have to pay all upfront when you book??

6. Re: Which hotel in 2015?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:17