We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

Hi. Has anyone stayed at this hotel, specifically in a Premium Club room.

I've got a half decent price for 12 days over Christmas and New Year For myself, daughter and baby granddaughter.

I know they have the usual Club room offerings of Breakfast, afternoon tea, canapes and cocktail hour but nothing mentioned of the quality and standards.

Can anyone give me their own personal rating say , out of 10?

I nearly always stay Club but have found varying levels of quality.

My favourite was The Address Downtown 10/10

Intercontinental Festival City 9/10

Ritz Carlton Dubai 8/10

Hilton Jumeirah Beach which started at a very acceptable 7/10 then over 3 successive visits dropped to a 3/10 (and i'm being generous with that rating!)

Now numbers 1 and 3 on my list would normally be my first choices but at this time of year are the price of a small family car!!!

No 2 is fab and attractively priced especially when I apply some of the millions of points i've accrued however, there are no little ones allowed in the Club Lounge after breakfast. Hmmmm!!!

My concerns have arisen after emailing Al Murooj requesting prices and advice on room sizes and suitability.

I've emailed on 3 separate occasions to 2 different people over a period of 2 weeks and received NO REPLY!!!

Doesn't bode well does it?

I have gone ahead and booked online but i'm feeling very disheartened and am considering canceling.

It concerns me that they cannot be bothered to answer emails which would bring them business, so what hope do I have of having any problems being addressed when we are in situ and they have our money?

I don't want to ruin a wonderful (and expensive) holiday at a special time of year by staying at a hotel that doesn't deliver the service i've come to expect when staying in Dubai.

Any input and advice would be appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

Don't be disheartened. It's a lovely hotel and in an almost perfect spot for getting to Dubai Mall without the cost of the hotels such as Address Downtown.

Emails, even in this day and age, are a bit hit and miss in Dubai so I would call them.

There is a website that gives you a lot more information about room sizes etc - I'm on a iPhone just now but I'll find and link it later.

Granted the hotel is not as swish as the others you mention but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there and I've stayed in all of the others you list.

You are getting a nice hotel at a fair price in a great location for New Year, when as you rightly say the others are the price of a small car on the same dates. You'll have your loved ones with you and a lovely time.

You could look at the hotel reviews in the site and send a PM to someone that has reviewed club level

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

Oh Latimer!

Didnt I just know you would put my mind at rest?

You have confirmed everything I was thinking when i first began considering this hotel.

Thank you

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

yes it is a nice hotel for vacations hope you will enjoy your stay there judyush !

england
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

We stayed for a week beginning of June, hopefully we can give you some information you require, we also reviewed the hotel on TA so have a look if you wish, we arrived early morning and our car was not available at the airport so we jumped in a cab, when checking in at club lounge they offered to reimburse us the cost but as it wasn't a lot we said don't worry, on which they gave us wifi free for the week as it's only free in the club lounge not the rooms or hotel/pool areas.They had a room ready overlooking the mall or if we were willing to wait an hour we could have a pool view so we decided to wait and have breakfast in the lounge.

Club bedroom on 8th floor overlooking the pool, spacious room and bathroom 8/10

Club lounge itself is not massive and never really got that busy, not as relaxing as some we have stayed in but not as bad as some others, only table and chairs to sit at. 6/10

Breakfast in lounge, just enough of what you need and always nice and quiet, chef always on hand to prepare anything you needed. You can always go down to main restaurant but it was always busy and chaotic.9/10

Afternoon tea, nice and relaxed no need for trousers and closed shoes so you can just wander in from the pool if you wish, nice selection of sandwiches,cakes etc 9/10

Evening canapés were not as good as others we have been to with not a lot of choice, you will need to eat after and they are very prompt on the 8pm close down, most evenings it was before 8 and with others they always top you up at 8 with drinks (even after tipping each night) 6/10

Obviously these are just our views but we have been spoilt at other hotels but overall we were happy with our stay compared to what you pay at others. The hotel is in a great location to just stroll over to the mall etc although we only just made it in the June heat before melting..

Hope this helps, but I'm sure you will enjoy it, as said we did and would not hesitate to return.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

I've searched and searched but can't find the link I was looking for. I haven't seen it mentioned on here for many, many years but it was a website that gave dimensions and lots of information about hotel rooms.

I thought it was carlton something but unfortunately because of the fact that there are two Ritz Carlton's in Dubai searching for the word carlton brings up pages and pages to look though - if anyone else can remember it then perhaps they can help out.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

I'm going to have to disagree with above posts.

The Murooj Rotana is a good hotel and I'm certainly not dismissing it but it would not be my choice for a 12 day stay over the festive period.

I've only stayed in a standard room, not club but for me the rooms and the hotel were lacking something.

It is more of a 4* than 5* .

If it were your first time in Dubai or a short break I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it but given your top hotels list you will have to manage your expectations or you will be disappointed.

No doubt it's location is spot on but that's the best thing about it, the rooms are bit depressing for a 12 day stay especially over Christmas.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,575 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

i have to agree with Hannah, i stayed in Al Murooj Rotana few years ago. It does not come close to hotels 1,2 and 3 in your list. But again as you said, it does not cost a small family car and is attractively priced with good location. you get what you pay for.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

I only have experience with the Hilton Jumeirah and the Ritz Carlton Jumeirah. Unless they've refurbished the Hilton Jumeirah, the club rooms and Club Lounge are in my opinion only a 6/10 and I'm being generous so your 3/10 may be very accurate. The Hilton Club Lounge WAS sparse with not much happening in way of food and beverages when I stayed there years ago. I gave extra points for the nice seaview club room :-).

The Ritz Carlton Jumeirah is my home away from home in Dubai and is 9/10 because while no one is perfect, they're very close to it - 10/10 and like you said it's costly at the Ritz.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

I don't disagree with Hannah and Maher BUT the OP has booked and wants a more reasonable hotel for the festive period.

I agree that if they go expecting the Ritz Carlton or the Address Downtown then Al Murooj Rotana will not be the same but if they go expecting to spend 12 days in Dubai over the busiest period of the year, in walking distance to the place that most folk will spend 2 hours trying to get to and back from and to enjoy a holiday in the sunshine with family then what's not to like.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 23:04
London, England
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Al Murooj Rotana Club Room?

Al Murooj Rotana will be much cheaoer than the Address hotels, but won't be as good. You get what you pay for.

You may also need to consider your grand daughter. How old is she? The Club Lounge at Al Murooj Rotana is very "adult" and business orientated. I don't remember seeing any children in there, later than afternoon tea. I think they had 1 iPad that was loaned out to guests but there are no other facilities for children, in the Lounge.

Might some where like Premium Leisue at JBH be an option although that too would be more pricey.

Not been to the Address hotels, so don't know how well there Lounge caters for children.