We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
494 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

Hi we have a 5 hour and 45 min layover in Dubai, we arrive on emirates 5.45am and depart at 10.25am is this enough time to get a taxi and drive arround dubai. I do not think it is enough time, but my husband thinks it is enough time.

Reagrds

Vicki

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,683 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

I am confused. The hours you provided do not make a layover of 5 hrs 45 min! What day of the week is it? You will need around 1 hour to leave airport and you need to be back 2 hours before your flight. That's 3 hours gone.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

I agree with the above .. The times you state don't agree with a 5 hour stop over so you wouldn't really have much time to see anything.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

It's 4:40 hrs layover, might be too short to leave the airport and arrive safely in time for your next flight.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

If you arrive on a weekday (Sun-Thur), the morning rush hour is not a great time to be on the roads.

That said, the airport is not far from the city and, traffic permitting, you could get a taxi to the downtown area (Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa) and back in a hour. That would give you a flavour and allow you to tick the box.

It's a risk though if there's a major traffic incident. I'd wait and see if your flight arrives on time and how long it takes to get through immigration, etc. Any more than an hour and I wouldn't risk it.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
494 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

I do agree it is not 5h and 45min my itinerary stated it was. I will have to make I check my whole Itinerary over. Thanks for the advise, I can now go back to my husband and let him know that I was right.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

You don't need to be at the airport two hours before your next flight, especially if you already have a boarding card. 90 minutes would be plenty. Can't say it's enough time or not as you don't mention the day of the week.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

Google maps says it takes 30 minutes to get to burj al Arab. That route goes by Burj Khalifa so you could get a taxi from airport and stop and look at these 2 biggest landmarks and take pictures. Adding in time for stopping and traffic, 2 hours should be enough for a return journey. That may be possible but I wouldn't recommend doing it as people often underestimate the time it takes to walk around large airports. Dubai creek is closer and is a nice area but not sure what will be open at that time.

8. Re: We have a 5hour and 45min Lay over?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16