We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

Hi,

Flying into Dubai airport next Friday at 07:15am. Debating whether we should use either the Mahabara or Ahlan meet and greet services. I'll be travelling with my wife and 6 year old son.

Last year, we arrived at around 10pm, and we used the Marhabara services. We're glad we did. The immigration / passport control queues were horrendous. We were whisked through the airport, all formalities complete, bags picked up within 15 minutes. Relatives of ours, who landed an hour later, we're in the queue for 2 hours.

But, at 07:15am are the queues much less? Is it quieter? Obviously, there will be the hoardes of people on our flight trying to get through - but is it worth booking Mahabara / Ahlan again? Just want to get through the airport as quick as poss after a long night flight, and get to our hotel (JBH) and Wild Wadi!

Anyone touched down at 7am recently? How was the airport experience?

Many thanks,

hw2014

Edited: 15 July 2014, 15:06
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

No one can be sure how the queues can be at any time. It depends on the staff, the day of week, etc. My brother came at 10 pm and was out in a short while. If you don't want to take chances and wait in line I recommend to book marhaba service. You might end up regretting the decision or glad you did.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

Thanks. Just what I thought - a complete guess as to whether it'll be busy or not, and whether we should book meet and greet.

Marhaba or Ahlan? We went with Marhaba last time, all OK. Do Ahlan meet you physically just off the aircraft? Or do they greet you just inside the terminal itself like Mahaba do?

Many thanks,

hw2014

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

I have not personally used both so I can not comment on which is better. Maybe others can. They are 2 different companies providing this meet/greet service. I don't think Ahlan meets you at the plane.

My advise, if you used marhaba and you were happy with their service then go with them.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

The differences aren't necessarily company related, as much as the level of service you request and pay for. Of course, more service will be reflected on the bill. This applies to both Marhaba and Ahlan. I have only used Marhaba before, and so did members of my family, and we were pleased with the consistently good service.

Marhaba packages:

https:/…DubaiAirport.aspx

Ahlan website doesn't appear to be working at the moment but you can google their service details.

Blackpool, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

We always take the overnight flight that arrives 7 am, as we are doing this year, we have always experienced a fairly quiet arrivals terminal and immigration has never been a problem, I think the majority of passengers that land in Dubai are transitting through, saying that, I've not been for 2 years so maybe it has changed in that time, doubt it though. Have a great holiday whatever you decide.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

Cheers for your helpful replies.

I think we'll skip the meet and greet services, and chance it being not so busy (with it being Ramadan, Summer, 7:15am) - might be a risk. But we should still be at JMH before 11am whatever the situation is...(and still be able to manage the airport, with a 6 year old, after no sleep.....!)

Thanks,

Hw2014

Edited: 15 July 2014, 20:02
Herefordshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

We flew in last week arriving at 7.15am into Terminal 3, and faced barely any queue at all, in fact the airport seemed very quiet as a whole at that time. We had met up with our driver and were on the road by 7.50am if that helps!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

I would expect the immigrations queues to be quiet at that time, especially since it's Ramadan. You should be at your hotel a long time before 11am.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

7am is the time I fly in once every 2 weeks. I have a stack of 'fast track' cards in my carry on now because I never need them. The immigration hall is almost dead, but will obviously have the 200 odd passengers from your flight arriving at 3 immigration guys so power walk along the travelators to get there first!!

10. Re: Meet and Greet - Dubai Airport - worthwhile, for 07:15am?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17