We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover at Dubai Airport

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Layover at Dubai Airport

I am going to be arriving at Dubai International at around midnight and have an 8 hour layover till my flight in the morning. Is there somewhere I can take nap or shower that is cost effective.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai International Hotel
Dubai International Hotel
6,539 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

You can nap for free at the terminal, or take a Marhaba Lounge (they may let you use up to 5 hours or so) for about AED 200 that includes food and drinks; or book a sleeping pod (more expensive). Shower is available free in the transit area, paid (AED 55 or so) with towels etc in the Marhaba lounge.

Mentioned in this post
Marhaba Lounge
Marhaba Lounge
564 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,239 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

You could hire a snooze cube. Chk this

http://www.snoozecube.com/

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

I have been to the airport a few times and I would recommend booking one of the snoozecubes and not sleeping in the terminal. They have nice cushy chairs by your airline gate, but they tend to fill up very fast plus it is very loud and busy airport and it would be hard to get some peaceful sleep.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

Hello - I would recommend you contact your airline directly (not the travel agent) and ask if you qualify for a complimentary hotel room & meal vouchers.

thx

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

i have 7 hour layover in route to the seychelles. arriving 7 at nite on saturday and leaving at 2:45 am.

is it possible or probable to get a car service for quick tour then return trip to airport and not miss plane?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,891 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

Allow around 1 hour to get out and I would take a taxi to Dubai mall to see the fountains on the lake and get something to eat.

Then get a taxi back.

You could just take a cab from the airport rank, no need for a tour but you will have to have and idea of what you want to see.

Be back at the airport at least 90 minutes before your onward flight

Mentioned in this post
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,265 Reviews
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

Ty so much!!

8. Re: Layover at Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2016, 06:15