We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Hi

My husband and I are flying Dublin to abu dhabi in august . Flying with Eithad but have booked our ticket on a code share through aer Lingus. We are spending our week on holidays in dubai and presumed we could book the Eithad coach to dubai. I called aer Lingus they said to contact Eithad so I did. The Eithad person was so rude on the phone and said we are not entitled to it because we booked through aer Lingus even though we will be flying on the Eithad flight same as everyone else , I offered to pay and she said I can't that it's a free service only for Eithad customers. Now I don't have a clew how to get to dubai as there seems to be no public transport from abu dhabi airport and I have no idea how much a taxi will cost us ? Anyone any experience ?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

A few thoughts, in no particular order:

- you may be able to just turn up at the bus stop with your boarding passes from the incoming flight. They ask you to book in advance to guarantee a seat and so they know how many to expect

- a taxi will cost around 40 euro depending on where in Dubai you're going. Just jump in a airport taxi

- ask Aer Lingus for your Etihad booking reference and enter it here: https:/… so bypassing the call centre

- make a stink on social media (FB/twitter); the Gulf airlines are all over social media and pretty responsive

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,855 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Just a small correction

A taxi from Abu Dhabi airport to Dubai will cost around 300 dirham

A taxi from the Etihad coach station in Dubai to your hotel will cost between 30 and 50 dirham depending on which hotel you are staying at.

I agree with the above and would just book the coach on line via the Etihad web site using your booking reference

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Sorry to get pedantic about taxi fares, but because AD airport is on the Dubai side of town, it's less than 120km to Downtown Dubai, so around Dhs 220, which is just over 40 euro. The airport taxis are shiny black Merc Vito minivans with leather seats and smart peak-capped drivers.

From my home near AD Corniche to my office in Media City, I usually pay around 260 because there isn't the 20 Dhs fee for starting at the airport.

</pedant> :)

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,855 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

My fault - I read it too quickly to see the euro reference and thought you meant dirham.

So 40 dirham would be too low but if converted to euros it will be around 40

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Sorry to get even more pedantic, the aiport offers a fixed fare or run on the meter. The last time I used AUH to Dubai fixed fare was 250 dirhams (approx. 50 Euro)

The Etihad bus is bookable in advance or just turn up and join it with the Boarding Pass you have. I have often booked with BMI and the Boarding pass at Heathrow is an Etihad one . If all else fails they only charge you 80 dirhams anyway.

here is the latest link to help

etihad.com/en-ae/…

Edited: 17 July 2014, 02:38
Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

Thank you all for your responses the Eithad centre I called said I can't even pay for the bus that it's game over since I booked with aer Lingus which is silly they sold the ticket to aer Lingus in the first place to travel on their plane makes no sense . Taxi seems perfectly fine I just panicked at first after the call thought it would cost a lot more in taxi and I suppose when I check in in Dublin I could very well get an Eithad boarding pass and if so that's problem solved 😊 3 weeks to go cannot wait first trip to dubai and long awaited

7. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 14:06
8. Re: Need help regarding transport abu dhabi to dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2016, 05:17