We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

Hi all

I have only one opportunity to take my 13 year old and OH for a meal with SF. Where is the best place to use it please? Looking at Imperium, Rivington or any other nice place on Friday - I think I got it wrong that Imperium have a seafood themed night.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

Just be aware that Friday is one of the busiest night of the week as it is the middle of the weekend.

This means that taxis are much harder to come by so you may be better sticking to your own hotel or the Madinat as you can get there by buggy.

My own personal choice would be Segreto (Italian) in the Madinat.

You will need to book for a Friday night, whichever one you choose

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,676 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

I don't normally do Thai. But, Olga has made Pai Thai, the destination.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

Fumken,

Don't forget that some of the SF restaurants require a supplement on top of the voucher which means you hand your voucher over and then pay a bit extra. I think the Rivington grill and pai thai both require a supplement on top.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

I would recommend Villa Beach at JBH , they have removed the supplement and I eat there last night , you could have anything from the menu so a good selection , mostly Fish but there was chicken , duck and steak as well so something for every one .

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

There isn't a bad restaurant between them, if you want to do without a supplement and want casual dining then check out Tortuga for excellent mexicana. If you are looking for something special there is a set menu at MJs steakhouse, an open menu at Segreto. Casual but with a supplement the new buzzword is Rivington Grill in Madinat Jumeirah.

england
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

What is SF?

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

SF=Summer Flavors

https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

Thanks so much my wonderful friends and experts. I think I will finally see, taste and feel the magic of Dubai. First visit since I discovered tripadvisor and first time ever for my family :)

Tim- sf is summer flavours. Half board summer deal.

So far, we arrived safely. Everyone is wowed by JBH. AWSOME! The staff are just wonderful. I am so glad I am here.

Food - BF in Latitude. A bit overwhelming in a nice way for a first timer. We were initially sat outside as it was really FULL. They said it was 'pleasant' outside but it was hot for me. Fortunately I spotted a table for three inside and they very kindly moved us, :) good breakfast. We may come again tomorrow now we know the ropes :)

Dinner - Thanks for all the great suggestions. I chose Villa Beach as it is within JBH AND OH likes seafood and son can have chicken or meat. Booked for 7.:30. I love the no supplement advantage :)

I may try one of the others with entertainer + 1 sf voucher. Not sure which. Most likely it will be RIvington Downtown on Sunday. (If we do not go for the Iftar in Ewaan as is being considered). I know we probably have to pay for that, no sf or entertainer). Either will be okay.

Thanks again.

F

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,676 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

The Rivington terrace at Souk Al-Bahar overlooks the fountains.

10. Re: Best dining option if you only had one SF voucher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16