We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to go with a 9 month old?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to go with a 9 month old?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend best places to go with a 9 month old?

We are planning on Dubai Mall - Wild Wadi.. wondering if there are many other places you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

It really depends on where you are staying and at what time of year you plan to visit - in cooler months little ones tend to love the beach or the pool if its in the cooler months.

Dubai mall has an aquarium and Mall of Emirates has ski Dubai which has large open windows for little ones to look at - Marina Mall has a crèche area called favourite things but I believe under 1's need parent supervision.

Safa park is great for a stroll and depending on where you are staying the walk/marina is very pushchair friendly.

In all honesty though at 9 months, they are likely to be in their pushchair most of the time so I'd be inclined to do what you want to do and you'll probably find the little one will adapt to the situation.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

Hello,

Thanks for the below :)

We are staying at the Marriot Marquis on sheikh Zayed road which is right near the mall so that would be ideal...

You are right he will most likely be in the pushchair most of the time, planning on visiting in October so should be cooler than Aug / Sept.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

It will be cooler but still warm by UK standards. Remember to keep the little one cool and hydrated with lots of sun protection. Always have an 'escape route' if you get stuck outside in the heat. Worst case, just jump in a cab to a mall.

How has he/she been coping the last few days ? I hear you've had a bit of a heatwave :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

Shockingly we have had a heatwave in the UK but he has been fine :)

Cannot wait til our holiday though and I hear the Marriot Marquis is lovely so look forward to it..

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,352 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

I have been to Dubai when our youngest was 9 months old. He rather liked the beach and the pool and we made sure the pushchair had a parasol.

6. Re: Best places to go with a 9 month old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:16