We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

I'll be transiting Dubai via Emirates, have a long layover there, around 19 hours.

Does anybody have an experience with how to book the Dubai Stopover package which they have listed on their website, especially for an Indian passport?

Link - emirates.com/english/…dubai-stopovers.aspx

I got in touch with Emirates, but they don't seem to have any proper idea saying that travel agents do it, where as when the travel agent contacts them, they understand it as "Dubai Connect" which is a free service, which I do not want.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

I thought they were the same thing ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

Dubai Connect is this - emirates.com/english/…dubai-connect.aspx .. as it reads, Emirates bears all costs.

Whereas a stopover is this - emirates.com/english/…dubai-stopovers.aspx .. there is a brochure too @ …emirates.com/downloads/ek/pdfs/brochures/Du…

It reads, offers starting at $48 per person, where as I understand Dubai Connect is free. Plus the terms and conditions of are different, from the first look.

It doesn't seem like they are the same thing, no?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

I see.

Dubai connect is when there is no alternative earlier flight and so you have a long connection at the airlines expense.

The stopover option is when you take and pay for an hotel for a longer stopover you have selected.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

Yes, exactly.

Interestingly I'm having a pretty sad experience booking the Stopover package. Never expected this from a premier airline.

Nobody at Emirates seems to have a clue what should be done to book this. Absolutely random replies. Redirecting from one place to another and this has now managed to become a circle :-/

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

Why not just book your own hotel yourself?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

It's expensive that way, no?

Dubai Stopover packages start from $48, plus I would qualify for a complimentary visa since the visit is less than 36 hours.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

I see. In that case, the stopover package with visa makes a lot more sense in than booking your own hotel.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

If only Emirates would provide a service which they claim, I would have been happy.

They have a pretty dissatisfied and frustrated of their service customer in me.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

I have booked a flight from Manchester to Mumbai with Emirates. As with most of their flights, it goes via Dubai. On the way back home to the UK, we are staying in Dubai for a couple of nights. It cheaper if you book it as a "multiple flights" package.

As an example, the flight to Mumbai and back was £460. When we added the dubai factor, it was only £6 extra. So we booked MAN - MUM. MUM - DXB. DXB - MAN. Hotels etc were booked ourselves.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Emirates, "Dubai Stopover Package". Any experience?

Having booked flights with Emirates, I have just experienced similar problems to others on this forum, booking the stopover advertised by them. After much searching and many fruitless phone calls, success! Hope this is useful to someone out there.

Aviate Management : phone ( within uk ) 01244 687 965

Or aviateworld.com