We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
new years eve

My husband and I have been to Dubai few times and love it. We are arriving on 31 Dec with our 2 boys (11 & 9) at 6am. I know nothing open till 10. Whar suggestions can we do so early ? We are staying at Novotel Bur Dubai (we previously stayed at royal mirage and le meridian So we were very spoilt) we couldnt book a lot of hotels for only 1 night esp 31st. We leave on the 1st at 14h30. I really want my boys to see the fountain show and i would luv to see fireworks. I've read traffic is hell on nye etc.. What do u suggest. I thought maybe arrive at Dubai Mall late afternoon and stay there till fountain show. Even if we leave dubai mall at 22h30 after some fountain shows n watch fireworks from our hotel. Thought of using the metro as Novotel right by the one stop. Help what do u all suggest ?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,241 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,848 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years eve

I don't think you can see the Burj Khalifa fireworks from your hotel and if you head for Dubai Mall be aware that you will be there with roughly 600,000 other people.

Seeing the fountain shows will not be easy due to sheer numbers of people in the area and the metro station is a seething mass of people.

you could aim to go to the mall and then get away before 8 pm - you will be going in the opposite direction to most people so should manage to get on the metro.

Bear in mind that all of the roads around Dubai Mall close at about 5pm so getting a taxi as an alternative to the metro is no easy feat.

Sorry if that all sounds a bit defeatist but best advice on NYE is to get back to your hotel around 8pm and stay there or nearby

Mentioned in this post
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
60,767 Reviews
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,241 Reviews
Johannesburg
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years eve

Tx @Latimer for yr response. Do u think its worth just staying at Dubai Mall for the fireworks ? Will we see fireworks of the Burj from our hotel if we came back n didnt stay at Dubai Mall ?

Mentioned in this post
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,241 Reviews
3. Re: new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:15