We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai at Ramadan time

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
20 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai at Ramadan time

We just visited Dubai at Ramadan time . If possible avoid it , you can not get food in the day time , I was too hungry at Dubai mall and finally locate a Mac Donald , got parcel and went to the toilet to eat that !

Also when we went to the desert safari no belly dance , also climate too hot

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai at Ramadan time

For other folk that may read this.

It's a shame you didn't come on the forum before your trip as we could have given advice about Ramadan.

You can get food in the daytime but as you experienced you have to go to an hotel or buy take out and find somewhere to eat it.

There is never any belly dancing during Ramadan.

Ramadan is a movable religious festival so it doesn't always fall in the summer months.

Shame you found the climate too hot but again a bit of research would have confirmed that before you booked

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,052 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai at Ramadan time

If you'd done a bit of research before your trip you might have decided to come at a different time. There are always places to eat during Ramadan but you have to know where to go. Hotels will have curtained off areas where non-Muslims can eat.

A lot of non-Muslim people enjoy coming during Ramadan because of the chance to experience iftars and see a different side of the city.

It's a pity you didn't do any research and didn't enjoy being here during that time but that doesn't mean everybody should avoid Dubai at Ramadan. It's a good time to come to get cheap hotels deals so people can stay longer or stay in much better hotels than they would otherwise be able to afford.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai at Ramadan time

Why did you not research before? I've just come back myself knowing exactly what to expect and i loved it

4. Re: Dubai at Ramadan time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:15