We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Restaurant

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Restaurant

Hi

I've been reading about Dubai restaurants and am a bit baffled by all the choices!

We're staying at Raffles for 3 nights of our honeymoon, and are trying to plan our evenings. At the moment I think we will eat in the hotel one night, and another night somewhere more relaxed (maybe Dubai Mall?). For the other night, I'm trying to find somewhere that is a bit more memorable:

- We'd like it to be quite smart/dressy i.e. so she can get dressed up in a dress, heels etc, but not as extreme as ballgowns or anything like that.

- Cost would be up to around £200 for 2 people, although not a problem if it is less!

- We're looking for somewhere a bit different from what we get in the UK. Whether that is the style of food, the setting or something else we don't mind. It is September we are there so I think eating inside would probably be best?

- We like all styles of food, so are very flexible on that. The most important thing is that it feels special and is memorable!

I know there are hundreds of places, but I'm finding it very difficult to narrow them down. Look forward to checking out your suggestions!

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

Try to find something from the Top 10 list from Time Out Dubai at the link below:

timeoutdubai.com/gallery/…

I like what I read about #1 (Pierchic) and #10 (Thiptara - overlooking the Dubai Fountains).

I've always wanted to go to Pierchic while living in Dubai but never made it inside the restaurant. I photographed on the wooden path/bridge but never made it inside so maybe I can live through the two (2) of you :-).

Your wife will feel like a Princess getting dressed up and walking across the wooden bridge to Pierchic. If you choose Pierchic, try to make it for sunset and let her walk across on her own while you photograph her. Your photographs will have the Burj Al Arab in the background.

Let us know how you make out.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

A lot of people recommend Pierchic but as I'm not a lover of seafood it was a bit wasted on me - what I will say though is I think the setting of pierchic is better through the day (better views) but it is nonetheless a popular choice.

Another good choice is Pai Thai in Al Qasr - its the same hotel as above but you can go via a little abra through the waterway and madinat Jumeirah is a very nice place to visit In the evening with a good choice of bars if you want a pre/post dinner drink.

Thiptara is a very good thai with a romantic setting particularly if a you get an outside table (in the cooler months)

Reflets in The Intercon is supposed to be excellent but I believe it is very expensive even by Dubai standards

Eauzone in One & Only is nice in the evening (casual through the day) bot again best enjoyed in the cooler months.

Raffles hotel has several good restaurants as does Wafi pyramids which is within walking distance of your hotel. I would recommend Ashas Indian - not for your romantic meal but perhaps one of the other nights.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 20:32
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,511 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

Thiptara would probably win it for me, especially if you can sit on the terrace and it is only 10 minutes form your hotel.

Eau Zone would get a vote too but it's much further to go and as Hannah says nicer in the cooler months when you can go to the Rooftop bar first in the main hotel.

Some interesting suggestions on the Time Out Dubai list but several of them are miles away from you and Bateaux Dubai (?) wouldn't be in my top 50, let alone the top 10.

I'm also going to suggest Traiteur at the Park Hyatt with drinks on the terrace before or after as that is close to you and has nice creek views

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,622 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

The Pai Thai has gone up a notch since Margareta transferred.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

Thanks everyone!

I really like the look of Pai Thai and Thiptara from the ones mentioned. Will it be too hot to sit outside at Thiptara in September? It would be great to be able to see the fountains, but not if it would be really uncomfortable. Also, would it work to go up the Burj Khalifa late afternoon and then move directly on to Thiptara for dinner?

If it's too hot to sit outside, I really like the idea of arriving to Pai Thai via the boat.That's definitely not something you get in the UK! It definitely looks to be the top end of our budget though. Re the dress codes, are smart shorts acceptable for men? Not sure I could cope in trousers in that heat! Also what footwear is generally acceptable in these places?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,511 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

It might be too hot and humid then again it may not - it's difficult to say this far in advance. They have fans and you could always book an inside table and then go out onto the terrace to see a fountain show.

It would work to go to Burj Khalifa late afternoon and then onto Thiptrara. You enter and exit the Burj Khalifa via the entrance in Dubai Mall so when you come down it's about 10 minutes walk round the lake via the bridge to the Palace hotel, where Thiptara is situated.

Pai Thai is nice too and the trip on the waterways is lovely.

Just note that both restaurants are high end so the dress code is long trousers and closed shoes for men.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

Pier chic mentioned I thought it was closed for a while for refurb?

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

It is closed over the summer - I got an email from Sirius saying it was due to re-open end of summer but I wasn't sure when OP was going. I see now its September so you're right Maureen The OP might miss it re-opening.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

If I want to impress my guests I always take them to Pierchic but the weather needs to be suitable for outdoor seating and sept is not. Thiptara is recommended as you book in advance an indoor table overlooking the fountains. Pai Thai and the water abra ride is very romantic as well and the food is great if you like Thai cuisine.

Another option is having a cocktail at one and only royal mirage or palace maybe jetty lounge or the rooftop bar then take the hotel boat to the one and only on the palm and dine at 101.

Shorts are not allowed for men and must be long pants with closed shoes as these are all fine dinning restaurants.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Restaurant

Thanks everyone. We both like Thai food so I think Pai Thai/Thiptara seems to be the choice. I think my preference at this stage would be Pai Thai due to the waterways, and the fact we could go and see the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall another time. My only concern is that we would probably have to eat inside - do you lose a lot of the atmosphere if you don't sit on the terrace?

Also this may be a silly question, but I assume most women will be wearing high heels? Just wanted to check in case they made getting on/off the boat difficult! And formal leather shoes for men?