We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

Firstly, I am a moslem women from Singapore, planning to go to Turkey with my sister. So just both of us. We will be using Emirates Flight to and fro. Both flight will be lay over in Dubai for 21 hours.

SO basically here, i need some information, ideas, plans from all the experience people who had ever travel to Dubai or better someone who are from Dubai.

Here my question goes:-

1) Where can i stay in any hotel out of dubai airport. Cheap, nice location, easier location for shopping and near to the airport.

2) With 21 hours i have minus estimated 4 hours back to airport (Just to play safe), i had 17 hours to spend time in Dubai, where can i go? Recommendation. Of course the one that easy to travel around by Metro.

3) Shopping / Food, that is affordable one. Any recommendation?

Hope anyone of you can help me :) Much Appreciated.

Oooo Yes, i will be reaching Dubai @ 13:45hrs and Depart Dubai the next day 11:20hrs

Selam,

Fieza

Edited: 25 July 2014, 05:23
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

You will get cheap hotel in Bur Dubai, also many shops + it's reachable of maximum half an hour drive.

1) Things to do, i will recommend dubai malls, fountain music, burj khalifa, jumeira open beach, gold souk, dhow cruise, museum and heritage center etc, if you have plan in or after autumn season, go for dunes bashing.

3) Dubai mall but for cheap food again i will recommend bur dubai, if you are interested for some pakistani or indian food. Very reasonable compare to other places in dubai.

4) Your timing seems ok for me and you can mange it. But better leave hotel 4 & half hour before. no one knows sometime there is traffic issues. It happened to me so am sharing to you.

Hope it help!

HT

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

Hi HT

Thanks for sharing. And sure i will try googling for the places u told me and plan the trip.

Thanks again for your great help!

Fieza

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

There is absolutely no need to leave for the airport 4 or 4.5 hours before your flight time, especially if you are staying in Bur Dubai.

You need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight time so aim to get there for 9.30am.

You will arrive at 13.45 so it will take you around 1 hour to leave the airport and around 15 to 30 minutes more to get to your hotel.

You don't have time to do many of the things suggested so need to decide which are the most important for you to see or do.

You probably have time to visit the gold souk take an abra across the creek to the textile souk and then head for Dubai mall for the shops., something to eat and a look at the fountains before going back to your hotel to sleep.

In the morning you will want to have breakfast and leave for the airport at around 8.30 - 9am if you are in Bur Dubai but when you know where you are staying then people can provide more advice

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

Hi Latimer

Such a great advise from you. Thank you so much.

Well i actually plan to go Naif Souk to buy some Abaya. And trying to find shop that sell chocolate, pashmina,dates in one place, so to save time too.

What are places that can i take picture with best scenery at the background like Burj Khalifa?

And I had just survey some hotels, one of the cheapest and affordable hotel i can get is Palm Beach at Bur Dubai.

What other suggestion u can give me?

Thanks

Fieza

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

There are lots of hotels in Bur Dubai so I would look on expedia or booking.com and arrange the hotels in price order.

Go to Naif souk first and then head to Dubai Mall where you will find everything you ask about.

Dubai Mall lakeside is the best place for photos of BUrj Khalifa.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

So how much dirham i will need for that 21 hours in Dubai..

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

No idea as it depends what you buy, where you eat and how you travel around.

If you have a credit card you can usually use that in shops and restaurants but you will need cash for the taxis - there are ATM machines in the airport and all over the city and also exchange houses.

Think about how much you would spend in a few hours in Singapore if you went shopping, out to eat and travelled around - then convert that to dirham and take that amount. If you run out you can always get more from an ATM and if you have too much they will change it back at the airport exchange

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

Yeah!!! I had book the flight on 6th September... I have 2 days to spend in Dubai now... Sounds better now and i have more time to travel i guess.....

9. Re: Lay Over Dubai for 21 Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:16