We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Hi

I always stock up on my prescsriotion contact lenses and glasses when abroad as OZ is relatively dear compared to the rest of the world to purchase these.

I was wondering if you can buy prescription contact lenses over the counter at optometrists and if so how are the price rates? I was also thinking of buying some prescription glasses in Dubai if they are more reasonable than home prices.

Thanks so much in advance

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Yes, you can buy them over the counter but I'm afraid I've no idea how much they cost as I buy mine in Malaysia where they are cheaper.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

A box of lenses is around AED 140 ish give or take. This is for the Acue Vue extra moist.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Thank you :-) and can you purchase prescription glasses over the counter ie frames and lens if you know your script?

Thanks in avance

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Yes but you can get your test done here for free if you're going to buy. I'm not sure you'll find it cheaper though.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Thank you, that's great news. I will check out the prices.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

For prescription glasses, I suggest shopping around a bit before committing. At Dubai Mall alone, there are nearly 10 full-service optical shops.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

Ok I will do that, thank you :-)

Can you tell me if it's compulsory to have an eye check before ordering prediction glasses please? Or can I just tell them my prescription and they will do on spot.

Cheers

8. Re: Prescription glasses and contact lenses in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16