We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best side of the Marina

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best side of the Marina

Hi guys,

Earlier this year we stayed at Silverene apartments (located very close to Marina Mall) for two weeks with our two young children. Had a fantastic stay and consequently are looking to rebook for the beginning of next year.

The lure of going back to the same part of Dubai is the convenience of having a safe walkway with supermarkets, restaurants, bars, play areas, all so close to just wander down to.

To give a bit of variety we are thinking about the other side of the Marina (Iris Blue or similar) but I'm a little concerned, that from what I remember, there was not very much on the other side, with regards to restaurants, bars etc.

Just wondered if anyone could let me know what it's like over on the 'other side' and if it would be of any benefit/detriment to us?

I've had a good look about online and I can't seem to find any other area that offers such a large pedestrianised area with so many amenities, however if you feel I've overlooked somewhere, any suggestions would be greatly received :-)

Thanks so much for reading

Halo x

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
London
Level Contributor
53 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best side of the Marina

Hi Halo - from one Marina resident to a potential visitor, you would not go wrong booking at the Iris blu. It is still being developed with the Marina walkway near by being developed but that should not be a problem for a short-term visit.

If within your budget, have a look at The Address Dubai Marina which has direct access to the Marina Walk via Marina Mall. There are mini-playgrounds under the bridges there and a mini-funfair is normally available to enjoy. Or, try the Byblos of which there is a playground and park just between the Dubai Marina Yacht Club and Jumeirah Lake Towers Metro Station. Plenty of restaurants around that area too. I know this is probably going to be similar to what you experienced at the Silverene but that area really is one of the best for amenities around the Marina.

Mentioned in this post
Address Dubai Marina
Address Dubai Marina
3,220 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Byblos Hotel Dubai
Byblos Hotel Dubai
310 Reviews
Dubai Marina Yacht Club
Dubai Marina Yacht Club
2,348 Reviews
Jumeirah Lake Towers
Jumeirah Lake Towers
562 Reviews
Dubai Metro
Dubai Metro
28,592 Reviews
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,036 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best side of the Marina

Until such time as the tram is up and running, I'd stay here.

www.marinabybloshotel.com/

3. Re: Best side of the Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 07:16