We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tours Dubai

seattle
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tours Dubai

Has anyone had experience using "Walking Tours by a local" in Dubai?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tours for You
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Kashta With Heba
Boat Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Destination UAE Tours
Walking Tours, City Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Arabian Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tours Dubai

Hi. I'm wondering if you went through Walking Tours by a Local when you were in Dubai? My husband and I are planning to be there in March and are looking for a walking tour. Thank for any help you're able to provide.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tours Dubai

I prefer this as it's not a commercial business and is run by local Emiratis: http://www.cultures.ae/

Search for frying pan tours if you like to eat too.

Also, depending on the time of year, you can't spend much time outside, so don't expect an all-day or half-day tour.

Edited: 29 December 2014, 20:40
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,815 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tours Dubai

I can recommend Frying Pan Adventures, I did Little India on a Plate with them and it was very informative and lots of fun:

http://www.fryingpanadventures.com/

There are also the tours mentioned above run by the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
338 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tours Dubai

Besides the tour run by the "Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding" as well as the "Frying Pan Adventure food tours", you can also do walking tours of your own. The following three maps list them very well indeed:

Bastakiya: …nationalgeographic.com/city-guides/…

Dubai Creek & Shindaga: …nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

Old Deira: …nationalgeographic.com/city-guides/…

All 3 are within the same area and can be done on a single day. If you start early, you could end the day with a dhow cruise with dinner which starts on Al Seef Road nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai Creek
Dubai Creek
8,374 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding
Sheikh Mohammed Centre...
1,083 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5. Re: Walking tours Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2016, 06:17