We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim with whale sharks

Seinäjoki
7 posts
Save Topic
Swim with whale sharks

Hello!

I'm going to Dubai after a couple months. I would like to swim with wild whale sharks but is it possible in Dubai or nearly to Dubai? I don't want support aquariumplaces, dolphinarium etc. So is it possible to swim with wild whale sharks? Also I have never scuba diving so I don't know anything about scuba diving, so maybe I can only dive with snorkel. So is that totally impossible dream? Is there any good diving places where would be good probability to see wild whale sharks?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim with whale sharks

It's not possible in Dubai. I know somebody who did it in the emirate of Fujairah but she was a regular diver and only saw a whale shark on one occasion. It's not something you can expect to do on a Dubai holiday.

Seinäjoki
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim with whale sharks

Okay. Thank you so much! :)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim with whale sharks

I think you need to go to Western Australia to see whale sharks.

Brentwood,ca
Level Contributor
273 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim with whale sharks

or go to Tanzania foe whALE SHARKS

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim with whale sharks

People frequently snorkel with whale sharks in the Maldives at certain times of the year and in certain sections of the Maldives. I'd like to do it too.

Good for you not supporting dolphinariums and aquariums and 'swim with' experiences. They are unbelievably cruel.

Seinäjoki
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim with whale sharks

Well Maledives are my travel-list too so maybe someday :)

And yes. I watched "black fish" document and afrer that I decide that I will never go dolphinariums.

Seinäjoki
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim with whale sharks

Okay, thank you.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 19:50
Seinäjoki
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Swim with whale sharks

Okay, thank you queenhelene.

9. Re: Swim with whale sharks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16