We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight desert safari or evening only.

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Overnight desert safari or evening only.

I was dead set on doing an overnight camp out, but since reading a bit online, it appears the camp out isn't all that. Is that right? Will I only see a tent and have a hot nights sleep? Would it be better to leave the site at 10pm and return to my already paid for hotel?

Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours, Safaris
Dubai Safaris Tour
Biking Trails, Off-Road & ATV Trails, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Safaris
Fun Time Dubai
City Tours, Safaris
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,200 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight desert safari or evening only.

I've done some research on this. Most of the camps I've contacted in Dubai set up their camps with regular camping tents. Platinum heritage uses bedouin-style tents. I've stayed overnight at desert camps in Jordan and Morocco and they use the bedouin style tents. I think these tents make the experience more authentic.

The overnight stay can be uncomfortable, but to me, watching the stars and being in the middle of nowhere is an unforgettable experience.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
uk
Level Contributor
310 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight desert safari or evening only.

in Summer season its better for you to come back your hotel and spend night there.

3. Re: Overnight desert safari or evening only.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:16