We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saffron.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Saffron.

I would love to bring saffron back for personal use in cooking, however with australian strict laws I do not want any hassles after the long flight. Can anyone advise me on this topic?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saffron.

If the laws are strict and you don't want hassle don't buy any.

However, if you buy some and pack it in your suitcase in amongst the dirty washing then you take the risk of it being found and dealing with the hassle.

That is the only advice there is so it's your choice if you buy it or not

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saffron.

You can declare saffron if it is sealed in a packet, it will be cleared. You cannot bring back in saffron flower though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saffron.

Thank you everyone. I definitely do not want any hassles after such a long flight. Just not the way to finish a holiday. You have re confirmed my thoughts on this topic. Thank you ver y much.

4. Re: Saffron.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:17