We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

Hi all, we are travelling to Rwanda from Sydney via Dubai in Sept. as our airlines do not have a interline agreement (Qantas/Rwandair) We will have to collect our bags in T3, clear customs, transfer to T1 and recheck in. 5 pieces of luggage each and a 20min walk between terminals doesn't sound great at 1am in the morning. Will we have to do this?? Will it take much time? We have the time on the way over, bit short on the way back. I've been told it's the interline agreement issue and that Rwandair doesn't use Amaedaus (or whatever it's called). Travelled to Rwanda 5 times but first time through Dubai so it's all new, there'll be 6 of us transferring.

Thanks in advance all you clever people!

Lyndal

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

The transit desk in Dubai airport will assist you with this for a charge.

You follow the transit signs, not the arrival signs and head to the transit assistance desk telling them you require help to collect your luggage and book onto your next flight.

Or if you want to have something booked for more reassurance you can use Marhaba at 44$ per passenger

https:/…transferservice.aspx

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

You have not mentioned your 2 flights arrival/departure times. That aside, as Latimer mentions, the Transfer Desk in T3 will help you with transferring you and baggage to T1, some fee may be involved. Show them your second leg tickets and baggage slips. T3 and T1 are in the same area so you should not have too much of a problem unless the break time is too tight...

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

We arrive at 0025 and fly out at 0625 so we do have enough time. I have emailed the Transfer service and they have given me more information on their service. Thanks to you both for your help! I just like to cover my bases as much as I can ;)

4. Re: transfer between T3 & T1 after cleaing customs through Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18