We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

I am a resident of Australia and a citizen of Bangladesh currently residing in Sydney. I have booked my tickets with Emirates for a short trip (6 days) to Dubai before reaching my destination (Dhaka). Can anyone please assist me on how to obtain a visit visa to Dubai for 6 days, as Emirates doesn't accept Bangladeshi citizens to apply for visa online neither the Hotel is ready to give me a visa. Is there any other way to get a visit visa to UAE or any agent who can help me with it in Sydney. I also don't have any relatives in UAE who can sponsor me.

Regards.

Aliah

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Where you are resident is not the issue as it is the passport that you hold which dictates procedure

You could try

www.southtravels.com

and there are other agencies available; they will probably expect you to book an hotel through them.

You also need to be aware that you have to pay the fee even if ultimately UAE immigration refuse a visa.

I would have suggested Emirates as your best route but if, as you say, they won't accept an online visa application then perhaps you could phone them.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 21:23
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

I suggest that you visit Emirates office in Sydney to explore options.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Alia J, Did you get visit visa for Dubai? If yes, How? I am also in similar situation.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

If you can't get the visa through the airline, then you need to apply via your host (which can be a travel agency e.g. Merhaba) or hotel in Dubai.

See "sponsors" on http://www.dubai.com/v/visa_requirements/

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

I am also a Bangladeshi passport holder. Currently in Mumbai. I went to emirates ticket office to make equiry about. Initially I was bit surprised when they asked me whether I am an economy or business class customer!?!? Why the descrimination? If someone travels on a economy class does that make him less of a customer with less rights or priviledge? Anyway, They asked me to go Dubai Visa Processing Center. They talk crap. They said as I am Bangladeshi I have to apply from Bangladesh! Also I am not currently employed therefore my visa will be rejected 100%. I told him thank you for your kind information but is it just like this or you make up your own rule? Without answering my question he said that he is sorry for me but cant help me any further.

Is it really true that you cant apply for a visa unless you are in the country where you belongs to?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Have a read of reply number 1

If that doesn't work then I can't think of anything else to suggest

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

so in short your are an unemployed Bangladeshi either male over 21, unaccompanied or female and you expect a visa from UAE without any visible means of support. What do you expect the answer to be for the UAE or any other "wealthy" country other than NO

I also believe you not to be an honest post because you are well aware of discrimination from experiences in Bangladesh and India let alone the reputation of the GCC, yet still want to make such a statement on a Travelsite

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Thats very judgemental of you. We are here to help or advice others what to do in difficult situation. Some crooks like you are, always there to turn the conversation in to a personal conflicts. I believe you have no knowledge in this matter and thats why chose to post all your nonsense here.

All my life I lived abroad such as UK, Italy and now in India. I m a male of 29. I m working since 17 without any brk and saved enough. Now I just got married to my longtime gf who is an Indian. That is why we both want to go some where together. Her visa from India is not an issue but mine. I quited my last job two months ago for the purpose of marriage.

When you talk about discrimination, I can tell you I receive service from many organisations/company in Bangladesh or India. I never been discriminated on the basis of class issue when I called on any customer service. You cant imagine that in Europe also.

You are very proud of being Wealthy! Let me give you a piece of information, wealth dosen't make any one human or civilised but their behaivior does. It just shows your backgroud.

Why my statement hurts you that much? Is it bacause that is true and you dont want anyone criticise/know any of your wrongdoning?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,407 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

The idea to issue a visitor visa (any country) in short is to avoid sending people back at the border for various reasons (two being not having enough funds to support themselves and risk for overstaying / breaking rules of visa).

<<asked me whether I am an economy or business class customer!?!? Why the descrimination?>> No discrimination but in the light of having enough funds to support oneself a business class ticket is a good indication.

<<Bangladeshi passport holder. Currently in Mumbai>> <<have to apply from Bangladesh>> <<Is it really true that you cant apply for a visa unless you are in the country where you belongs to?>> Standard procedure for everybody. Visa are getting issued in the country of nationality or country of residence based on proof of legal residence.

<<I am not currently employed>> In any country with any immigration office will this raise some flags. They will double check the risk of overstaying visa terms and working illegally.

<<you make up your own rule>> << They talk crap.>> No. Makes sense and sounds very standard.

<<I never been discriminated on the basis of class>> Again, maybe the context was a bit unlucky, but if a persons travels in Business or First that indicates that funds to support during stay should be a lesser issue.

Finally the issue of visa problems for Bangladeshi passport holders for the UAE is not only driven by the UAE but also by the Bangladeshi Government to reduce issues they had in the past. Just google for 5 minutes. banglanews24.com/en/fullnews/bn/96949.html

It will be not easy to get a visa in your situation. Be ready to demonstrate a proof of funds (bank account etc.). Even then, as you describe your situation many flags will come up.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubai short term visit visa for Australian Residents.

Thanks Dubai_Phil_64 for your analogy. But I disagree with some points you mentioned. Let me elaborate-

Class issue- As soon as I arrived at Customer service center of Emirates first question I was asked about which class I am traveling. Its the normal procedure of their customer service (as I was explained by one staff) regardless of your issue, they will ask you this question. It is to priorities Business Customer. If you dont believe you can make any enquiry to seek truth. I personally found it offensive. Its nothing to do with determining visa eligibility.

If you are aware of current UAE visa system, they require only your passport copy, photo, return ticket, and a deposit of AED 5000/- incase if u overstay then you will lose your deposit money. For tourist visa they are not asking for proof of financial soundness. If you read post 8, you will know I have no financial issue. My wife also educated from UK and currently working in a MNC in Mumbai. If they want my bank statement I am more than happy to show.

Also the link you have posted, I am fully aware of the situation. The work visa is temporarily stopped. There is no restriction on tourist. Every country want tourist rather than foreign worker who take money home. But tourist brings money, help GDP. And Dubai pride themselves as a prime tourist spot in this part of the world.

About applying from country of resident/origin- I considered Singapore or Malaysia as an alternative holiday. Their embassy/visa centre seems to have no issue where I am applying from. Just I need to have a valid visa/permit for my final destination which can be any one- I currently have Indian multiple entry visa with one year validity, also I have 3 months left on my work permit visa(Multiple as well) from UK. And I am a Bangladeshi national. I will have no issue to return my country any time.