We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Dubai

Where in Dubai would you recommend a three day three night stay in Dubai.

We have 2 little ones. Our choices are the Marriott harbor suites by the marina or the JW Marriott Marquis in the sheikh zayed road? Which one is a better hotel.

Or should I split my days 2 nights by the marina n one night in the other.

The current plan is to visit MOE n the beach the first day In the morning, dessert safari evening

Day 2: Dubai mall n burj khalifa in the evening, fountains

Day3: gold souk n fly out

I am sure there are tones more to do but looks like we will be hard pressed for time.

Please let me know your suggestions!

Thanks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,738 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Dubai

For only three nights I would stick to one hotel, no point in wasting valuable time packing and moving hotels.

I think the Marriott Harbour suites is preferable in terms of there being places to eat close to the hotel. But, given what you plan to do during your stay, then the Marriott Marquis is more conveniently located. It's close to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall (though not walking distance) and to the gold souk.

Desert safaris usually pick up from your hotel around 3pm so you will have to get moving early on that day if you plan on seeing the beach and visiting MoE and having lunch. MoE opens at 10am so I would try to get there around then having already been to the beach.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Dubai

I agree. I would not split a 3 day visit between 2 hotels. you will waste your time.

Although the Marriott Harbour is located in the Marina and if you are coming in the cooler months it will be conveniently located for a stroll around the marina and JBR at night as the area is very vibrant. However, the JW Marquis is a 5 star hotel (reviews here tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d3447… ) and is far better hotel compared to the Marriott Harbour 4 star (reviews here tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d6361… ). Plus you will be staying in the tallest hotel in the world, and closer to the airport and the attractions you are interested in.

I would pick JW Marquis

Edited: 22 August 2014, 08:44
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Dubai

Thank you so much for your responses. how do you recommned we travel from the airport to the hotel?

Can we take a cab - how much would it cost to the JW marriott vs the Marina hotel?

I know the JW marriott seems a better pick but with little kids and beach - they would love that as well hence the big confusion, though it might seem crazy - thats the reason i thought i can pick two days at the marina and one night at JW marriott - will give us an oppurtunity to enjoy both properties and locations but agree its a lot of work moving around with luggage.

We will be on transit from India - so we will have quite a few bags - that we are hoping we can store in and luggage storage in the airport - how much do they cost ?

Also - looking for recommendations on dessert safari - there are so many choices and confusing.!!!

Would you recommned us renting a car for the three days instead of depending upon metro or hotel shuttles?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Dubai

I recommend taking a taxi to your hotel. They are monitored and metered. You will find the taxi rank outside the terminal. It would cost around 60 dirhams to JW Marquis and around 90-100 dhs to the marriott harbour.

For desert safari better to go with the highly rated ones like Arabian Adventures, Arabian Nights or Desert Rangers otherwise going with low cost ones could be a disappointment. There are 2 for 1 vouchers available which can come handy if you are large group.

I wouldn't bother with renting a car and instead use taxi or metro.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 17:07
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,476 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Dubai

I think you need to be aware that the Marriott Harbour has no beach and no immediate access to one. You are around 10 minutes by cab from the nearest public beach, which also has the new beach park on the Jumeirah Beach Walk and costs 100 dirham pp to get in.

From JW Marriott you can get to several public beaches and another beach park in a cab in 15 minutes.

There are lots of other hotels that would suit your needs but perhaps you want to stay at Marriott chain ? If you are open to other suggestions then let us know.

Taxis are cheap, easy to find and metered so no need to worry about that.

As for the desert safari, you say 'liitle ones' - how little ? I wouldn't recommend a safari with kids under 7, although you'll find some of the less reputable companies will take them.

6. Re: 3 days in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17