We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Terminal 2

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Terminal 2

In short, T2 is not as bad as people may think. It's modern, efficient and somewhat easily accessible, although it is the small 3rd cousin to Dubai's other big terminals. The problem for most people is that T2 is not directly on the metro line and there is no direct link to T1 or T3--nor any information within the terminal to direct you; you'll just be told to take a (costly) taxi.

BUT, the nearest metro stop (Abu Hail) is a very short taxi ride away (10 dhs) and you can even walk to and from it in 15-20 minutes, if not carrying heavy luggage. The terminal itself, recently renovated, has all conveniences--food court, Marhaba and other lounges, duty free--not to mention being fast to get into and out of. In fact, if you are a lucky traveller with free Marhaba lounge access via your credit card, you'll find this Marhaba lounge more comfortable than at the other terminals because fewer people use it and it has separate bar and restaurant areas.

So, if you're on a budget and have to either transfer between terminals or just get into the city, the metro (Green line) is accessible for T2 at Abu Hail station. I had made the mistake of going to T2 when I was supposed to be at T1. I just turned around, walked to the metro and made my way safely to check in at T1 just 40 minutes later.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Terminal 2

I've also made the mistake of going to T2 when I should have gone to T1 but I missed my flight.

There is a bus between T1 and T2, I took it last week. I think it was a number 46. It's a normal city bus, not an airport shuttle and stops just outside the arrivals exit at T1 and takes about 15 minutes to get to T2.

I don't like T2 much at all but it's better now than it was and, as you say, it has the advantage of being quick to get through. I'm disappointed, though, that they didn't bother installing free airport wifi when they modernised the terminal.

2. Re: Dubai Terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17