We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3night ,2 day trip report

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
3night ,2 day trip report

Just writing a brief trip report if like me,you hadn't been to dubai before and would like to have suggestions.(May not all be your taste)

Accom:

JA ocean view hotel:fab location on the jumeriah beach walk for pottering about,plus hotel prestige and they looked after us so wells as was the start of our honeymoon.

Day one:

Lots of walking about with lots of air con breaks around the strip and used this day for pool etc...I felt beach was too hot for me!it is lovely in the evening walking back from Dinner in the balmy heat.lots of people about and good atmosphere.also to mention it felt extremely safe and chilled everywhere.

We went to Hilton jumeriah sky bar to watch the sunset over dubai, this was nice albeit very pricey.for

dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3night ,2 day trip report

Apologies....I pressed ' submit' by accident

Trip report continued...

Sky bar Hilton:

As I said,very pricey but a one off treat lovely! Not very busy at sunset but we didn't mind.

You get used to only drinking alcohol in hotels, like a glass of wine with dinner but actually meant we drank less which was no harm.

We are on jumeriah walk as wanted to stay local on night one,we ate in the fish restaurant bahria.mt husband really enjoyed( I'm veggie) .you chose your fish from ice cooler and they then ask you what way you'd like it cooked etc...nice views over the sea,don't go in a rush,we waited a hour fur that fish,nice red snapper however! They do some veggie sides which I had,good homemade humours!

We went to our hotel bar girders( sports bar)for a few drinks but stayed for one only,bit grimey in my opinion,dark and smokey.

Day two:shuttle bus from hotel to dubai mall!

Loved this mall! Give yourself hours,from souk like part,to denim village,to casually watching an ice skating show beneath you or aquarium.

Premier toilets have individual dressing morrors(handy as we went to dinner after mall rather than going back to hotel).

We went to lovely French coffee shop on floor one of the mall and sat outside facing the fountain and a fab view of the fountain show and very quaint coffee shop.the Madeleine cafe it was called.

Dinner that evening was a special treat forums and recommended by someone personally soon passing on the recommendation.taxid to financial area and ate at ZUMA restaurant! Sushi and Asian fusion /grill type food.lots of lovely veggie sushi and non meat grill aswell!hubbie had amazing fresh sushi.cocktails to die for and ambience of a New York style hip venue in my opinion.a complete once off as very pricey but was a fantastic end to fab couple nights in dubai.felt very sex and the city!

We had option as a stopover only in dubai but I'm so glad we took the couple of nights even to get a taste of dubai life and I know we've plenty more to see...

2. Re: 3night ,2 day trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:17