We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Dubai (3 hrs 50 minutes) from Kuwait to Phuket

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transit in Dubai (3 hrs 50 minutes) from Kuwait to Phuket

My flight from Kuwait to Dubai arrives in Terminal 3 - we have a 3hr 50 minute stop in Dubai and our onward flight to Phuket leaves from Terminal 1. I am an Indian national - will I need a transit visa at all? I have read several posts here which say if you remain airside then you don't need a transit visa. I just want to be sure. Also, is it possible to walk from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1??

Visa question is most important...Thanks...

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,735 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
225 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,417 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
198 reviews
from US$231.08*
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Dubai (3 hrs 50 minutes) from Kuwait to Phuket

It is possible to walk airside between terminal 3 and terminal 1.

However, you will need to ensure that your bags are checked through to your final destination oir attend the transit desk fro asistance

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Dubai (3 hrs 50 minutes) from Kuwait to Phuket

There is a tranfer Desk on arrival At T3. You report there with your ticket or boarding pass for next flight, and show them baggage tickets if any. They will help to move you to T1. Both T3 & T1 are connected but you need to make sure you do not get lost somewhere. You cannot take checked-in bags yourself without exiting immigration counter, so approach Transfer Desk in any case.

3. Re: Transit in Dubai (3 hrs 50 minutes) from Kuwait to Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17