We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

Hello

I am looking to arrange a surprise private boat trip in November for our wedding anniversary, as anyone heard of Alex Cruising? He offered me such a good deal, 3 hours in a 51 foot yacht for 2250 AED compared to Marina Concept of 3000 AED for 2 hours. Am slightly nervous after I almost booked with Royal Blue Ship Charter who had some terrible reviews!

Also we have dinner Burj Al Arab at 7pm so I am wondering how long it would take from the Marina Yacht Club to get there?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

There are no reviews of that company on TA so unless someone reads this today that has done it you may not get responses.

Are you going straight from your boat trip ? Won't you need different clothes ? Just curious

To get to BAA for 6.30pm (you'll want time to look around) then I would leave the Yacht club by taxi at 6pm during the week and probably 15 minutes earlier on a Thursday or Friday night.

Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I couldn't find anything on TA either, but they have an offer on Groupon that I saw.

Yes we will need different clothes!!! My plan was to get changed on the boat as it has a bedroom, I am going to hire a driver for the day so we can take a bag and then leave it in the car.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

Only my opinion but I wouldn't trust a Groupon deal or a company I couldn't find reviews for, especially when I needed to get changed (on a moving boat ?) for a special dinner.

I am sure plenty of people use Groupon deals for things, have a great time and don't come back and tell us - the thing that would make me wary is the number of people that use a Groupon deal, don't have a good time and do tell us.

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I have just got back from Dubai today - I'm going to post a trip report later! I used a groupon voucher for a 3 hour cruise on a yacht with ultimate charter. I have submitted a review of the trip which should appear online soon.

Like you, I was really wary of purchasing the groupon but took a chance and we had a great time. The yacht left from Dubai marina and we saw all the main sights. There were only 2 of us on board but there was room for four or five more to be comfortably onboard.

The company provided us with great service - they responded immediately to e-mails and provided us with a telephone number of the person who would meet us on the day and take us to the yacht. They also sent us texts to make sure we could find the meeting point ok but it was actually really easy to find!

In terms of getting changed onboard, there were bedrooms on board and shower rooms although these were small. The downstairs deck was air conditioned and I can't see any problems with getting changed on board.

I hope this has helped a bit - any more questions just ask!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

So if I was going to do it I'd go with the one above as it has a specific recommendation rather than one for which you can't find any reviews

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I have not seen this company or any of its boats in the Marina but maybe it is because I am not looking or just too familiar with the Marina. Looked at the website and I think it is a broker rather than an owner so as ever caveat emptor. One company I know are highly recommended and are very popular is xclusive,

xclusiveyachts.com/boat-tour-dubai-sightseei… and the prices seem reasonable.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND this company. Service VERY BAD! Nobody check their email booking@alexcruising.com! So BEWARE of booking through emails because they reply after so long and what's worst, when they get to know that you are just holding a voucher from any websites like Groupon, Cobone etc., they will start ignoring your mails and end up, after you keep following up, they will reply you with "FULLY BOOKED ALREADY!" BEWARE! They will be the one who will get angry some more when you complain about no reply emails and very slow service. They do not know how to compensate their customers and apologize for inconvenience they caused. They don't even accepted that they also had mistakes. I still have a proof that I emailed them after so many times with my voucher attached, but they made another story that I was the one who never replied back and never showed any coupon, I still have my sent mails. I've been talking to other companies like Alpha tour, Day&Night, Royal Blue etc, and they all replied on my emails promptly. So i'm very sure that all my emails were sent to them. They really ruined our plan.,unfortunately to them, I am a blogger so I will really make awareness to others on not using their services.. Really, really DISAPPOINTING..

Dubai
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I am currently looking for a 2 or 3 hour yacht cruise.

I saw a Groupon for Alex Cruising online...decided to email them to confirm that the date I wanted was available before I bought the Groupon voucher. I do this as standard so I am not left with a voucher that I can not use. Their emails were not helpful...they said if I wanted to secure a certain date I had to pay full price. They only look at availability once voucher is bought and emailed to them. NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! I phoned them and they agreed that the availability is SECRET until voucher bought. I raised question...what happens if you don't have my date available???? They said I would need to choose different date and no refund for voucher would be given and I would lose out.

I have used Groupon dozens of times and have been really pleased with things i have bought as I have known exactly what I was buying. With Alex Cruising it looks like they are selling Groupons to fill in any dates that they still have free after full price customers have been sought first, so please be careful. I am sure their cruise is like the rest of them...I believe most are a good standard.

Felixstowe, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

Hi

This reply is way too late for you I know and I can only hope you had a much better experience with Alex Cruising than we did.

We had a three hour boat trip on 17th October. We were originally attracted to them by a groupon deal but when we tried to book we were quickly told that these 'had all gone'. As we didn't have much time we paid their asking price only to be very disappointed by the condition of their boat which was very shabby (Bimini tied on with string, etc) when compared with others we have used. Soon after leaving the marina one of the engines broke down which meant that the crew were working inside the engine room for sometime with the large access hatch up. The smell of diesel was awful in the saloon area.

The crew didn't attempt to help us at all and were mainly on their mobiles or fixing the engine.

In future I would give this company and their boat a wide berth!

Corona, California
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone used Alex Cruising for a private boat trip?

I just purchased a Groupon for Alex Cruising and have confirmed the date that we wanted to cruise with no issue. They were very responsive to my emails and followed up quickly after we sent them the voucher. So far a very good experience! We are cruising with them in 2 weeks, I will post a review here...