We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet Choice

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet Choice

Hi Guys,

I know you all do a wonderful job answering questions of all types and you have answered similar ones to this before , but please help.

We are arriving in Dubai on September 30th and staying for 9 nights. We have the Entertainer Book and are trying to decide between options of firstly Friday Brunch or Dinner Buffet and also between Arboretum at Madinat Jumeirah or Al Muna at the same location or Kaleidoscope at Atlantis The Palm or Latitude at the JBH. To all you foodies , considering we have an eight year old boy and that there are various theme nights at some of these hotels, which one is likely to give us the best and most awe inspiring experience. Is the Kaleidoscope a good way to check out the Atlantis or is it lacking compared to the food at the others. I look forward to the various opinions and we cant wait to get to Dubai. Also is their some where else in the Entertainer Book for dining that is a must do in your opinions

Best wishes to all fellow TA folks

Sean

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,733 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
224 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,417 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
198 reviews
from US$231.08*
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet Choice

The setting of both Arboretum and Al Muna is more beautiful right on the water, however they are not geared for kids in normal buffet times (not Friday brunch). I feel that both Kaleidoscope at Atlantis and Latitude at the JBH are better. The scale tips toward kaleidoscope in my opinion as kids love the large Aquarium outside the restaurant and the larger selection of food.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet Choice

Thanks so much Maher for your well considered answer. He would love watching the fish. Also it sounds good that there is a larger selection of food.I get the vibe that Friday Brunch is an occasion for expats to cut loose and maybe not that suitable for my little fella. My cutting loose days were retired around 15 years ago.

Thanks again

Sean

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet Choice

If you are going for a Friday brunch, then Al Muna has one of the most popular brunches in town. The selection of food is almost tripled as 3 restaurants participate in Brunch. It's also included in the entertainer book. Most 5 star hotels have kids activities and playing areas with face painting etc.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 16:41
Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet Choice

would someone mind explaining the difference between the buffets and teh Friday brunches, besides the obvious that the Friday brunch is on Friday? Is there simply more food offered, more expensive, etc? And what would your recommendation be? Is Friday brunch that much more to be experienced over a buffet? Thank you in advance... it's a question I've been wanting to ask, so jumped in on this post, as it seemed to be along the same lines.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet Choice

Most folk have Friday off, it's the first day of the weekend and Friday brunch is an occasion meal (probably equivalent to going out with family and friends for a nice Sunday lunch)

Most hotels have a buffet restaurant in them, they serve food buffet style and you can do at lunch or dinnertime any day of the week.

So Friday brunch is a bit more special but you can have a buffet any day of the week

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet Choice

To add to Latimer mentioned, selection of food is more, live cooking stations, live entertainment, champaign packages, kids entertainment and of course more expensive.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet Choice

Friday burnch is Dubai's buffet spread on steriods. Very Dubai, lavish, bigger than life and expensive.

Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
429 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet Choice

Ha ha - thank you for your replies. "Buffet spread on steroids"... so go hungry? ;)

9. Re: Buffet Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16