We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

hello mates,

i am planning a dubai trip for 6 days /5 nights this christmas. we will be four adults., me , my brother and my parents. I have heard that dubai is very expensive place, and due to some reason i have to go during the christmas peak season..........though we are on budget.

it would be of great help to me, if you can advise me regarding :

1) during christmas season , how much more costlier will it be as compared to regular times...regarding peak season surchages ....

2) hotels with four bedded rooms , or aprtments..

thanking you,

Mak.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

yes it will be much more expensive.. hotels are nearly double the price during the xmas period compared to say mid season..

I am getting costings for decemeber and it I am expecting to pay a fair wedge more..

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

Dubai is becoming a desired destination for many during the Christmas season for many reasons (weather, holidays, ...). Therefore, hotel prices are much more than during the summer (almost doubled)

Edited: 04 September 2014, 17:08
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

for apartments search on expedia or booking.com in Deira, Bur Dubai or Al Barsha area any you may find something in your budget over the Christmas period

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

We always go for Christmas and New Year and the hotels are silly prices, but I find New Year a lot more expensive than Christmas.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

ive today been quoted nearly £8000 for 4 of us for 7 nights at Al Qasr and flights.. ive decided to not go!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

Christmas is expensive but if you are intending to celebrate new year's eve out there, hotels will be thrice the normal price.

I was also planning to go in the last week of December but looking at the prices of the hotels just for an earlier week (20-26), i preponed the trip. Didn't make sense paying more than double for just a week later.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

Thanks everyone for the feedback,

i have already got my tickets for the trip, now the hotel hunt is on...

@latimer; among the specified areas you have mentioned....which one will be better, as we will be using public transport ,and have food from local shops......

thanking you.

8. Re: will dubai trip during christmas be expensive??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 05:16