We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Arrived back at the GHH Sunday evening after all of our shopping and realised we had not had any lunch! We quickly got ready and off to the Club Lounge to sample their Canapes and Freeby Drinks.

We were certainly not disappointed. Everything was absolutely delicious and as soon as our glasses near emptied they were very quickly refilled. J drank Corona and I had wine. During the two hours there J must have had 5 coronas and me 3 glasses of wine (cause I know when to stop Ha! Ha!) View from the Club Lounge was lovely although at the moment you are not allowed on the balcony because of the heat!

Then down to Sloanes for our first meal. It was absolutely Fantastic. Multiple Choices of anything you could wish for, and the staff were just wonderful. We Had Indian on the first night (and most other nights) and I can honestly say the food was of a very high standard. Freshly baked Naan Bread to order. Yummy

Desserts to die for, Chocolate fountain, the works. Could not fault it in any way and even though it was Buffet style there were never crowds gathering to be served. We just went straight up and got our different courses with no waiting about. Very Impressed.

After dinner we just went up to our room as we were very tired. Had a couple of toots (brought from the airport) then off to bed,

Sorry, forgot to say at the start the area around GHH is a Building Site but once inside hotel you do not even notice. The Hotel more than makes up for outside and from ur Suite 3801 we had a lovely view towards the beach and Marina.

Monday:

This was the day I was going to m eet Molliemoo and Maryjo at Al Qasr so ofcourse I was a bundle of nerves! Why I do not know!!

Got taxi to Al Qasr and was very impressed with the driveway up to the hotel and what I saw of the Reception Area. I was actually too busy shaking to notice too much. Meet Mary first and then Molliemoo came along. Went out to sit on the terrace for drinks and a chat. J went off for a walk around. Molliemoo and Maryjo are two of the nicest people you could meet and I think I got on very well with both. (At least I hope I did) Got advice on where to go and Mollie told me how to haggle at Karama as we were going there later. I was warned not to let the side down!!! After a couple of hours We left to get organised for Karama and to let Mollie get back to her beloved!!!

John had a bit of a look around al Qasr and said he thought it was very impressive but didn't really think it was his kind of hotel. Sorry everyone who loves it and I do not mean to offend anyone at all. It would be a bad day if everyone wanted to stay at the same hotel. . Molliemoo you are going to hate me now. LOL

Anyway off back to our hotel we went and had some lunch at the Deli Cafe at Lobby Level. Just a Sandwich and a Drink. Strawberry Milkshakes are Yummy!!!!

Karama: Another conflict of Interest Maybe here. I did not like it, I thought it was really grotty and our first experience in Green Eye was not good.

I had pick out a Hermes birkin Bag along witha few others and when we got down to haggling, the guy would not budge on 750 dirhams for the Hermes bag. We thought over £100 for one bag was a bit much) John offered 1000 AED for what we had picked and he basically told us to get out of the shop and take our water with us. (I Think at this stage we had 3 bags and a purse)

By this stage I was getting really frightened and wanted to leave but J insisted we try somewhere else so we went to Walencia and ended up with 4 bags and three purses for around 1400 dirhams. J did all the haggling in there and seemed to do quite welldont like the way they take you away and upstairs etc. J couldn't even stand up in Walencia and came out saying he was at least 3 " shorter with crouching down for so long LOL

Got taxi back to hotel and went off to explore properly. Honestly anyone going here will not be disappointed ( As long as you are prepared the the building site outside and whe you get used to it it does not affect you in any way. We never heard any noise at all)

The Service is Impeccable and on our first day here everyone in the hotel knew our names!!!!. Not a bit stuffy, just a wonderful place and everyone is really well loked after. We will definately go back.

Monday evening back to Club Lounge, meet a lovely couple from Bristol, had a few drinks a few canapes and a chat then off to dinner.

Tuesday:

After Breakfast and our usual Smoking Session we prepared to go to Deira City Mall. I was not quite so impressed by it as I was with MOA but it was a good mall and we managed to spend a few bob

in the shops there. Again at lunch we just had a sandwich and

coffee in one of the cafes on the ground floor. I think it was called Paul. It was fine.

Back to Gold and Diamond Park to pick up our purchases and I was Gobsmacked when Reeshi brought my Pendant. Just Perfect and much nicer than I expected. The Diamonds looked like new.

Bangle was also beautiful, White Gold Oval Shaped with 5 Daimonds on the top. He told me he had a surprise for me and brought out this other little box with a beautiful dainty ring made up from the leftover stones. It was in 18ct Yellow Gold as he had used the band of my own ring to make it and when I was cheeky enough to point out I only wore white coloured metals now he very quickly had it Rhodium Plated for me. I can thoroughly recommend them (Marhaba) They were wonderful. He did not charge me one penny for the ring!! I began to have a nosey arounfd the wtches and ofcourse he jumped at the chance to show me some.

We went to one of their other shops and I fell in love with a Stainless Steel with MOP Face and Daimonds down both sides but I though "I have no chance Here" It was far too expensive. However John got his Haggling skills in action and we got it for a good price. I have seen the same watch on the internet for £600 more than we paid. So Tuesday was a very happy day for me!! Bling! Bling!

Dinner again at Sloanes after ofcourse Club Lounge and then off to bed. It is so tiring Shopping!!!!LOL

We never got fed up with the food at the hotel as there was always somethng different to try.

Wednesday:

Decided to give the beach a try (God We are Getting Brave Now) so called for the Shuttle Bus to take us across the LRM. It literally was there for us within two minutes. Got to LRM and were ushered down stairs to the Spa to collect towels and sign in. Quite a long walk tothe beach and by the time we got there we were exhausted!!

Found two lovely loungers in the shade and made ourselves comfy. Guys come round all the time with Cold Cloths Water and Sprays.

We lasted a whole hour!!!!! John went for a swim ,came back asked me how I was doing and I said "not very well". Well it was 1 pm and the heat was fierce. We made our way back up to hotel and by the time we reached the Spa Johns T Shirt was literally soaking!!

Got the shuttle back to hotel, showered and then went for afternoon tea in Club Lounge. (See, we did make good use of our Premier Status) Lazed about for a while in the afternoon, had a look around the pool which loses the sun around 1pm and is quite bearable later in the afternoon.

Again had Dinner in sloanes then off to bed to prepare for our visit to the Burj on Thursday.

I am sure some of you must think we did very little but we always like to spend some time in our hotel while on holiday and this one was so good we didn't feel the need to leave it, apart from going

Shopping ofcourse!!! John said to me on one occassion that anyone on a budjet could literally pay for the holiday and never need to spend any money in our Hotel. With club Status you could really get away with it! (I couldn't because I have to shop, but it is doable, just some money for tips)

I will tell you what I thought of the Burj in next report as my hands and neck are sore typing.

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Mollydon, I am really enjoying your trip reports. It was really nice to meet you and molliemoo. You've got me blushing now after saying that I was one of the nicest people you could meet!! Either that or it's because I am all red from just about sitting on top of our gas fire as i am freezing now that we are back in scotland! You and Molliemoo also are two of the nicest people I have met too. (altogether AHhhhhhh!!!!) Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't have a very good experience at Karama. We went on Monday afternoon too. I came back with a Louis Vuitton and a Dior bag and a couple of Gucci purses. I was quite chuffed with myself though. Would have bought more but we were already over the limit when we checked in for our flight out. Glad you are feeling better. I will get round to writing my trip report on Dar Al Masyaf and Al Maha soon, but unfortunately I am back to work tomorrow night until Monday morning, so will definately write it at the beginning of next week. Look forward to your next installment. Molliemoo, Ive been checking for yours too. Looking forwards to that too. Cheers, Maryjo

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Thanks Maryjo.

All done now thank goodness. I hope I havent bored the pants of everyone.

It was lovely to meet you and you are one of the nicest people I have met, but then you are Scottish!!!!

Molliemoo is the nicest person I have met from Manchester. Don't tell her she is the only person I have met from Manchester LOL

Yes the weather is dreadful, today we have very high winds and rain.

Typical of Brit Weather anyway. I now wish I hadn't grumbled so much about the Heat in Dubai, as am sitting here with the heating on again.

You take Care Mary and don' be working too hard. Really looking forward to your Trip Report.

Speak soon

Anne xxxxxx

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Forgot to say in my Final Trip Report We were at the Limit going to Dubai and coming back 15 kilos over and that was after ditching every thing we could possible ditch. Although we did have to make room for the bulgari which is now adorning my bathrooms at home.

Oh I am so naughty. And Lucky neither flight asked us to pay excess.

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Another gem Molly and by the way I am from Bolton born in Bury so ne ne ne ne ne xxx

Hey Mary how you doin?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Sorry Mollie,

I noticed at the start you said you were from Bolton and then I though you said Manchester the day we met up.

But don't worry I've never met anyone from Bolton before either. te he he !!!

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

molliemoo. I'm doing fine, although I'm feeling the way I always feel when I get back from holiday, totally scunnered(that's p****d off for those not from Scotland)!! So I am busy trying to decide where to book for my next holiday. That will definately cheer me up. So if anyone has any ideas on where to go next year let me know. After being at Dar Al Masyaf and Al Maha it has to be somewhere posh now. No more slumming it for me from now on! Any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Molly glad you have become high maintenance now like the rest of us. I must be the only person on this forum who has nt experienced a chocolate fountain! (great idea for the next forum meeting) Sorry to show off but the weather in London is gorgeous- 26C and bright blue skies!

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

To Molliemoo

also born in Bury ex Radcliffe now Scarborough probably booking LMR next week for June 2007...

Is it best to book Club rather than gamble on an upgrade...?

My wife ( ex Whitefield) and I like a drink how much should we expect to pay for a few beers and a bottle of wine on a night...

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

Beer is about £4.50 - £6 depending on make.

Wine is expensive - you can get an OK bottle for about £25 but it won't be a great one.

10. Re: Trip Report 2 (No Nasty comments Please) LOL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:19