We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have arrived in dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
have arrived in dubai

got here after a long flight,waiting for my room at oasis beach to be ready,swa a bad accident on Sheik road a car was on top of another. I can't wait to get into room to get ready for my aft tea a burj, caught a glimpse on way in.\met aniother couple going too. Will report if i can later. weather hot and humid and low visibility,not good for photos today!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have arrived in dubai

Glad you arrived safely AussieC - keep up the live reports!

Sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: have arrived in dubai

thats great! I can feel your excitement. Let me know how the tea goes.... I am still waiting on BAA to respond to my email... :(

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have arrived in dubai

Oh Aussie,

I am so jealous!!!!

Whats the weather like, has it cooled down any?

You will really enjoy the Afternoon Tea at Burj.

Have a wonderful time.

4. Re: have arrived in dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2006, 18:40
Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have arrived in dubai

Hi everyone, I survived dubai,just!!! I am back in cooler blackpool now. i feel i was a failure in dubai! After all the research I did, i didn't see as much as i wanted too,it was hot and humid which holds you back.Also didn't get into hotel room till 12 so got ready for my aft tea at burj, got a taxi there for 40d from oasis beach hotel. i took my camera and video no worries. i had a good look around before going up the glass lift to skyview bar, it was fantastic.even though i was on my own they brought a huge display of goodies which i made a good dent in. i was there about an hour. then i walked across the bridge and got a taxi to Emirates mall for some shopping. The malls are fantastic and out of this world,and so big. My poor feet are sore now. next day i did the Ibn buttuta,this is lovely too. i went on the Arabian Adventures Dune tour which was the best,the highlight of the trip. i rode a camel and had a fab time.This is a must do, i wasn't carsick or anything. i went to the gold Souk,cost 60 d from my hotel and when i got there i tried to get cash from the machine but kept on saying invalid so panicked a bit as i only had enough to get back to hotel and i wanted to go on to |Karama from there. i went into a shop and bought a couple of necklaces and earings with no card worries but they wouldn't let me have some extra dirhams in cash. i was no good at the bartering so probably paid too much. i had to go back to hotel to get some UK money changed and headed back(another 60d) to karama. The taxi gud hadn't heard of Green Eye,but as luck had it,we parked outside it! i went in and did the secret door thing.bought 5 bags.Probably paid too much again!!! I didn't like it here in karama,as kept on at me . I left after 15 min in the first taxi for the emirates mall again.Ramadan had started this daybut didn't seem to affect things. i loved the warm sea and the hotel oasis was lovely,just as i expected it to be,not over the top 5* just like an aussie 4 * tropical type hotel. food good too. overall had a good time and i loved the architecture. sorry this is so long.

6. Re: have arrived in dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 20:19