We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dubai or new york

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
dubai or new york

I am planning a shopping weekend in feb but cannot decide between newyork or dubai ,Im looking for wedding rings and designer clothes which would be the best option thankyou

newcastle upon Tyne...
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dubai or new york

Hi - I cant say for Dubai as I have never been, but I was in New York and Miami in July and the prices for clothes bags and cosmetics was unreal - and the exchange rate is even better now! Did not look at the jewellry but it is approx 2 dollars to the pound - the best it has been in years. I would chose New York if it was solely for shopping, but Dubai if you wanted to combine a chill out beach holiday aswell.

Adele x

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dubai or new york

personally think clothes over here are really rubbish

i prefer the u.s. and then oxford street

rings would be cheaper here though

but seems a waste to come all the way here just for a ring

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dubai or new york

Probably New York if you just want to go for shopping- wonderful exchange rate for us in UK at the moment too!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,588 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dubai or new york

Clothes Def New York

Wedding Rings Def Dubai

The choice is up to you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dubai or new york

I love New York! Hands down on shopping and loads of things to see and do. Bring your camera!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,195 posts
1,819 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dubai or new york

Designer clothes: NY

Jewellery: Dubai

You choose!!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
982 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dubai or new york

My friend thought the clothes shopping in Dubai wasn't all that great, which surprised her. She thought the styles weren't very nice.

For clothes, shoes and other accessories, I'd go for for NY!

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dubai or new york

Pebbles

I would say the same as others, Dubai for jewellery and New York for everything else, especially as the exchange rate is so good.

Also BA had a sale on for New York but I think it finished at midnight last night, still worth checking the deals out.

The only HUGE difference would be the temperature. Coat, gloves and scarf or bikini ????????? Do you want to go forward in time or backwards ????? Do you want to jump a yellow cab or a smelly white one ???? either way on that one you will be battling traffic !!

So many decisions what is a girl to do?

Let us know your decision xx

Norfolk
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: dubai or new york

Went to New York and Dubai last year within a month of one another. I would recommend NY for shopping especially for clothes as there is more choice, also I didn't really like the gold jewellery in Dubai. NY also good for electronics.....just be careful you wear everything when you come back incase customs check all your bags!!

Mile High
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: dubai or new york

New York would be better in my opinion...