We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA meet

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
TA meet

ok ive started a new post, as discussions on the meet are over various posts.

It appears to be popular, and quite a few have shown an intrest.

I suggested London as it worked well last time, hopefully lati can arrange some accommodation for us, last year we stayed at the Tower Hotel.

Some went to the Savoy for tea first , but we all met in covent Garden for drinks and had some food.

It was a great night, i would say dont be nervous or apprehensive about meeting, we all have similar intrests with dubai and travel.

For those that plan to travel from a far we need to sort out dates etc.

I would suggest last Friday in June. We need to work it around latimer as she is away from home a lot in the week and weekend sare not ideal for her, and we have to have the expert there.

Any day is ok for me,

So if we can get an idea on dates that suit and who is coming.

Sharon

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA meet

Hi Sharon,

I am definitely coming provided dates are sorted out soon as the travellers need to get flights arranged before they go sky high.

Also would like to know which airports majority are flying into.

I am bave enough to fly by myself but don't want to be in an airport for too long on my own (Yes I Know I am a scardy custard but I panic when I don't know people and places!!!!

End of June suits me fine as long as it is ok with everyone else.

I know Latti likes to be at home at the weekend so if another day is better for others that is fine with me.

As with Maryjo, Molliemoo etc I will need to stay over.

Anne xx

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA meet

I dont know who is flying, try city airport for flights if they fly in from belfast, more central and pretty easy to get from as well as being small, heathrow is other option, but a drag to get to and from and very busy.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA meet

Heathrow is the easiest for me to fly to, as the City Airport is just a few miles from Bangor.BMI operate from there. Other airlines eg Easyjet, Air Berlin, fly out of Belfast International which is a drag to get to. Belfast City is a 15min drive from home whereas Belfast International is 45-50.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA meet

Mollydom

Alt try birmingham and i can meet you at airport and we can make journey down on train to london which is just over an hour from the airport and i will come back with you to airport as well. Trainstation is part of airport and trains go every half hour.

Belfast flights get in mid am and go back all through the day, so it would be fine with me.

Flybe appear to fly to brimingham.

Heathrow is ok if you dont mind travelling through london, and dont mind crowds. If your not familar with london, it might be a bit daunting.

I would imagine maryo will get train. as pretty good route into london euston.

Molliemoo drove last time, i came on train, latimer was already there but uses trains, englishrose and manhatten fan live in london area.

Im def staying over as well.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA meet

our posts clashed at same time.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA meet

ThanksSharon,

Will have a look at flights and get back to you when we know dates for sure!

Speak soon

Anne

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA meet

Sorry, sorry I know everyone is waiting on me and promise to do the diary thang tomorrow.

Molly can you fly from where you are to London City Airport that's definitely the closest to central London.

One other suggestion could be to do the meeting in Birmingham that would mean that everyone has to travel a bit so could be fairer.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA meet

Thanks for posting Latimer.

If we can gather who really wants to meet then we can arrange the location to suit, if most are coming from up north then it would be better to arrange a meet in birminhgam, manchester or liverpool.

If the meet was nearer to you latimer, would that give you more flexibility, i know rosie will want to come, but her work restricts her from taking time out in the week in school time.

A location out of london would also bring costs down as hotels will be cheaper.

Im familar enough with birmingham to arrange hotels and resturants etc, molliemoo is prob hot on manchester and im assuming lati would be good for liverpool.

all of these places are ideal for getting on a train out of london.

all three have decent airports although birmingham is prob easier to get into the city centre from the airport..

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA meet

Hi Latti

There aren't any flights from Belfast to London City unfortunately.

Can fly to Birmingham OK ----- I dont mind flying to Heathrow.

It's just I am not very good at being on my own in strange places.

Have been to London several times with hubby but never on my own.

Wherever suits everyone else is fine

Anne xx

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA meet

Not suggesting Liverpool by the way - that would be Ms Selfish from Selfishville