We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon to Vina

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon to Vina

My husband and I are planning on going on our honeymoon Dec 17, 2007 through Dec 31, 2007. I studied abroad and lived in Vina del Mar and would like to return there. Any advice for nice but cheap places to stay near Vina and near a beach (including Renaca, ConCon, etc)? Also, does anyone know the best way to get decent airfare to Chile? I haven't found anything for less than $1300! Are there any companies that offer special deals for booking a hotel and airfare together? Any advice would be great- we would really love to go there for less than $4000 if possible!

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon to Vina

It depend on where you'r flying from. Also..it's one year in advance...any airfare to anyplace a year in advance is more than $1000. Try 4-6 months ahead for beter deals.

I fly from NYC which gives me cheapear options, but if you have to connect from another city it might higher the price.

Cheap airline choices are TAM and Aerolineas Argentinas.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon to Vina

Viajando's advice is right on, but December is not a good month for cheap fares. December through Frebruary is peak travel time to and from Chile. In Viña reasonable price hotels include Schroeders-Squadritto, not near the beach, and the Holiday Motel in Reñaca. One alternative would be to stay in Valparaiso, Hotel Brighton is one possibility.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon to Vina

Hi sns817

Take care on the dates as if you don't know, there is a big party in Viña and Valparaiso for NYE.

For that reason, most of the hotels only offer programs for that date instead of "nights", even small hotels and of cours at very high rates.

Anyway, a good apart hotel that i would recommend in Con Con is the Playa Paraiso (http://www.playaparaiso.cl/).Con con is a small city near Viña with much better beaches than Viña or Valparaiso and a more relaxed life (Viña is very crowded during Summer).

Hope you will find a good option...

4. Re: Honeymoon to Vina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Vina del Mar