We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machine

Which Potosi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cash machine

Is there a limit on cash machines here? Is not even letting me get out 1000b ? Using fairfax card

Thanks

Sheryl

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash machine

Did you tell your bank/card issuer where you were going?

Have you tried several machines? I don't recall any problems once I'd found the "Language" option and selected English.

Some ATMs ask if you want to withdraw from your checking or savings account....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash machine

I have a fairfax card which you can use anywhere in the world. It would only let me get 59 bolivian out last night . I also tried my visa debit card and that was the same. Yeah, it's noted on my visa debit that I'm in SA . I wondered if it was to do with being in a small town ?? Tried several machines

Edited: 22 October 2013, 15:22
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash machine

Potosi is a large town.

London
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cash machine

I have a fairfx card which I have used extensively in Bolivia and elsewhere in South America. The limits vary between banks and not all ATMs are linked to the MasterCard network even if they display the logo on the front. I found BCP to be the most efficient and could withdraw up to 3000 bobs per transaction. Most other banks limited withdrawals to 1000 bobs. Thursdays and Fridays always seemed to be a bad day for drawing cash, probably because it is payday and machines run low and some banks reduce there limits.

If you email fairfx they will email you a link to the MasterCard website where you just put in the place you are and it will list the location of all the ATMs in the place that will accept your card.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cash machine

Great thank you

6. Re: Cash machine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2017, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Potosi