We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UofM hoops question

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
UofM hoops question

Well I'm not a huge Wolverine fan and I know they're not doing so hot this year but I got tickets to take my daughter and a friend to the Minnesota game. What's a good kid friendly spot for pre game dinner that serves beer? I was thinking Macaroni's Grill, any other suggestions?

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UofM hoops question

Conner O'Neils is a pub, however it's kid friendly. My nine year old nephew requests we go there anytime I take him to a Michigan Hockey game.

I'm not sure if the girls are picky, but Mongolian BBQ would be another option and may be kind of fun for them.

Max and Ermas, Damons, Bennigans and Knights are all option with beer too!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UofM hoops question

I forgot all about Mongolian BBQ that sounds like a good idea. I like the one in Ann Arbor a lot more than the one in Lansing too.

Thanks for suggestions gobluegirl, keep em coming everbody else.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UofM hoops question

Zingerman's Roadhouse or Grizzly Peak would be my first choices. Just don't dirnk and drive! :)

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UofM hoops question

David I'll be sure to stay under the legal limit. One beer with dinner never killed anyone.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UofM hoops question

Well, I did use a smiley, so it was a sort of facetious comment...

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UofM hoops question

Oh that's what the :) stands for? I guess I didn't realize that. Thanks for the advice on restaurants, after all that is what this thread was asking. I really appreciate posters who answer the questions asked, unfortunately on some occasions some contribute more than what is asked for. Cheers!(:

michigan
Level Contributor
343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UofM hoops question

Casey's Tavern is a great local spot and so is Red Hawk on State St. but if I asked my kids they would definitely say "Mongolian BBQ" for them!

8. Re: UofM hoops question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 01:20