We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big House Information

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north haven ct
3 posts
Save Topic
Big House Information

We will be attending the UCONN v Michigan football game and have reservations at the Dahlmann Campus Inn. We do NOT have game tickets yet, but have been checking the usual sources.

My wife has some difficulty walking, so we're looking for easy access to stadium. Do all seats have chair backs? How many rows in Stadium? We have choices ranging from Row 1 to Row 93. We would appreciate any seating advice and information.

We will be arriving Thursday night and leaving Monday ... any additional suggestions for activities, restaurants, etc ?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,214 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big House Information

mgoblue.com/facilities/michigan-stadium.html

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Big House Information

The seats don't have chair backs and bringing in your own cushion with chair back is prohibited. I think the new box area seats will have backs, so if you can find something there it will cost a pretty penny but would be more comfortable.

You can probably find info at the link above about handicap seating. I don't know anything about it, but know it's available.

As for what to do/see, depends on your tastes. Ann Arbor has museums, shopping, nightlife, outdoor activities, etc. There's a "things to do" link on the left hand side of this page, probably a good starting point. Your hotel is very centrally located, so you'll have access to all the downtown and campus sites and restaurants. If there's a specific type of meal you're looking for I'm sure someone can make a suggestion, otherwise you've got lots and lots to choose from!

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big House Information

Our tickets are in Row 70 and that is only two rows down from the opening.

They have golf carts to transport people to their section if it is needed. Just ask the ticket-taker. We enter at the southwest entrance.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 02:28
Amherst,Massachusett...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big House Information

Hi, My husband and I will be traveling to Ann Arbor by train from Massachuestts for a September football game-UM vs UMass. I have made arrangements using points and cash at the Four Points by Sheraton on Broadway. Any info regarding taxi transportation from the train station and also the hotel's location and it's proximity to everything would be greatly appreciated. We were going to drive, but decided a train trip with a sleeper car might be a great way to go. We love college football and figured since I work at UMass this will be the one chance to get tickets to the Big House.

Thanks in advance. High Fire

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big House Information

Hello "high fire"... sounds like you're in for a fun train trip and a great game at The Big House! I have heard Select Ride is reasonable cabfare. The Four Points hotel shuttle may even pick you up from the train station; inquire at the hotel.

The hotel is in a busy area... right off of State Street. Across from the hotel and within walking distance is Briarwood Mall (shopping... Macy's, Bath & Body Works, Coach, JCPenney, and lots more) as well as many chain restaurants like Macaroni Grill, Red Robin (just opened in May), Olive Garden, and my local favorite El Camino Real for Mexican.

Since your hotel is located on State Street, head south on State. Take a right on Airport Blvd. and then hang another right on Plaza Drive. This will take you to the world famous Zingerman's Bakery. My husband and I love going there for breakfast or for an afternoon gelato!

There are many things to do in town before the game, depending on how much time you have. UM campus and the beautiful arborteum, city parks, walking along and people-watching on Main Street.

On game day, 1.5 hours before kickoff, claim at spot by Revelli Hall (off of Hoover Street) for a free UM Drumline concert before they head up to Michigan Stadium. It's awesome and fun to watch! Should get you into the spirit of the game!

Have a great time and welcome! (GO BLUE... sorry!) :-)

michigan
Level Contributor
330 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big House Information

Good info from the previous post just wanted to add that a great place to eat that is local and not a chain restaurant right near your hotel is Mediterrano. You can look it up on line or read the reviews here on TA. I am a townie and eat there several times a year and always have good food, it is a nice atmosphere and they do take reservations.

Amherst,Massachusett...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big House Information

Hi 1hotam,

Thank you for all the info. I will be researching this weekend. It is a big help as we have never traveled to Ann Arbor and I wasn't sure about the hotel's location. I chose it because I got a good rate and found that they had a shuttle on game day. We have been to quite a few college games, but my husband is really excited about getting into the BIG HOUSE!

8. Re: Big House Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor