We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

We will be coming to Ann Arbor on Friday and leaving Monday this weekend, we will be coming for the football game. I noticed a previous post gave some great advice on what to do before the game - this was for 2010, is this information still accurate? If not, would love some suggestions on what to do game day around the stadium. Any post game suggestions would be appreciated also. We are coming from the Chicago area and have been to a couple of games before, we usually tailgate on the golf course grounds but would love some more info on what to do. On another note, I did notice that there is a farmer's market at 8:00 a.m. and I will check that out. Thanks.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

Where are you staying? I would suggest getting to your tailgate spot early and walking around campus. I would go and see the band warm up and reherse the 1/2 time show. They practice at Elbel Field at the corner of Division and Hill. If you don't catch the practice you can alway go to Reveli Hall about an hour and a half before game time and catch the drumline put on a show. After the game I would go to main stree or liberty for shopping and a bite or drink. There are lots of great restaurants, bars, shops, ice cream and coffee shops.

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
948 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

If you can get near Blimpy Burgers over the weekend, don't miss it (order a triple). They were even featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins.

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

Yes, I have been there, they are really good. Don't know if I would attempt it on a game weekend. We do usually drive by and see if we can get in without waiting too long.

4. Re: Coming to Michigan football this weekend, what not to miss.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 05:17