We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
800 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

My husband and BIL are going to the night game on Sept 10th and will need a hotel to stay in as we are from Chicago. They would ideally like to stay in a hotel/motel that is closer towards Chicago versus heading towards Detroit or further east. Any suggestions? Obviously Ann Arbor hotels are all booked! I've checked Dexter and Chelsea too but hotels in that area are booked. Not sure where else to look. Suggestions? It's hard b/c sites like expedia and hotwire don't have listing for small town hotel/motels.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

What about Jackson? Jackson is 30 miles from Ann Arbor and about a 30 minute drive.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
800 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

Thanks...only 3 hotels in the area (at least that I could find) and they are all booked. Looks like I may have to go east to Belleville.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,975 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

Belleville or DTW

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

Travelocity is showing availability of hotels in Jackson. That's where I'd book, puts them on their pathway home on Sunday.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

I booked the Baymont at DTW and they still had availability.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

Sometimes it pays to call the hotel directly. The on-line availability not always accurate.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

If you go to Jackson I'd stay at the Holiday Inn, even if it's more, rather than the other two listed. Hope you have tickets. These are the most sought-after tickets of the season...even more so than Ohio State! We'll be there too.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

There are some nice hotels in Dundee, which is just 20 min. south of Ann Arbor, because we have a huge Cabela's store here. If you stay in Dundee, you would only be about half an hour north of the Ohio Turnpike, which, as you probably know, is a direct route to Chicago.

Good luck!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
800 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

thanks all. We do have tickets!! Season tix holders actually. Decided to stay in Battle Creek. Get a little of the drive under our belts. Thanks and have fun!! GO ND!!! (yes, I know this is the Michigan forum...but you don't know where I live!) :)

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept 10th - Michigan/Notre Dame Game - NEED HOTEL

You mean we've been helping a Notre Dame fan?? oh man..... You have season tickets at Michigan? hmmmm... well, Go Blue!