We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Classic-Jan.2013

Toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Classic-Jan.2013

Need lots of help for booking hotels near the "Big House" Stadium during the Winter Classic. So far every site has no rooms available. My husband, son, daughter and myself are avid hockey fans and would love to come down to Ann Arbor. Can somebody please help with the hotels and scoring tickets to the game or even the alumni game. We are planning to come down around Dec.28 and leave around Jan.,2,2013. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Somewhere safe and clean. Thx

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Classic-Jan.2013

You may want to consider alternatives to Ann Arbor for lodging if everything seems to be booked. I’m not sure everything you want to take in with the Winter Classic. Events other than the big game itself will take place in Detroit. It sounds like the alumni game, Great Lakes Invitational, OHL & AHL game will be taking place at Comerica Park. With that being said & depending all that you want to do you may want to consider staying in Detroit or somewhere between the two cities. There are some great towns in between Detroit & AA. Detroit to Ann Arbor is about 40 miles or a 45 minute drive.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Classic-Jan.2013

I would try calling the hotels directly to book a room since I'm sure they are not fully booked yet.

Also, I just checked Hampton Inn's website since we have friends that like to stay there when they come for games and it shows availability for the dates you mention at the location on the north end of Ann Arbor.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
875 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Classic-Jan.2013

Tickets aren't on sale yet. Shouldn't be too hard to get them, though. I imagine about 100,000 should be available. You might want to keep checking the Detroit Red Wings website.

4. Re: Winter Classic-Jan.2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:22