We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar for a birthday stop in

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Bar for a birthday stop in

Yes, I live in Ann Arbor...but it has been years since I've needed to take a large-ish group out for a quick drink. We're on a party bus celebrating a milestone birthday and will leave the teens in the bus while we stop somewhere to toast the birthday "boy" with just the adults.

There'll be about 15 of us in our 40s-60s. It will be Saturday Dec 21 which I'm guessing will be a slow night around town with the students gone. We just want to drop in, have a drink, and go back on our merry way.

Ideas?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Weber's?

Knight's?

There is a nice little bar across the street from the Amtak station, can't think of the name right off hand.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Are you thinking of Casey's? I feel like our party would be too big for their space, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

I've never been to Knights. Is their bar conducive to 15-20 people?

Any other ideas from people? I keep hoping I'll have a couple spare hours to drive around to a few places, but every day is too busy.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Bab's Underground Lounge?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Yes Casey's thats it and yes they can easlily handle that many. You could go check them out ahead of time.

Knight's could handle your gang as well.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 18:53
Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Wench--what is the crowd like at Bab's? Spouse is a domestic draft brew kind of guy.

Bill--I'm going to swing by Casey's next week (if I'm lucky). He likes the burgers there, though we rarely go because of crowds.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Luv2, sorry I've never been in there I just heared about it and thought it sounded big enough for your party of 15. It sounds like a lot of fun....do you have room for one more ;-)

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Definitely room for one more, though you'll have to pretend to know my husband and tell some humorous stories about it. That would freak him out--he already feels like he's getting too old.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Old City Hall Restaurant & Bar! In Bay City! We'll meet you there! LOL

Pretend to know my DH/humorous stories...freak him out! Too funny! Have fun!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

Too bad you're so far north tyme! I'm sure you could tell some good stories about my spouse, just from having read my trip reports. That would be priceless to see him trying to figure out how he knows you.

The party bus should be fun and it allows us to bring along the teen daughter and grandkids as well as have some adult fun.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bar for a birthday stop in

So how did the birthday go, what bar/bars did you go to?