We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University Michigan May 3, 2014 Graduation

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
University Michigan May 3, 2014 Graduation

It is only Dec.1, and I can't seem to find a hotel in Ann Arbor for the university

graduation this coming May. I need two rooms. Can somebody direct me

where to look, I have never been to Ann Arbor before. Why do all the hotels

say they are booked up already?

Williamston...
Level Contributor
846 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: University Michigan May 3, 2014 Graduation

I clicked on the link to Hampton Inn Ann Arbor- North and it looked like they had some availability, though a bit pricy. There were a few other hotels but they were near the bottom of the rankings. I guess graduation does have an influence on bookings. You could consider staying farther away and driving in.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: University Michigan May 3, 2014 Graduation

Doesn't surprise me at all that they're already booked--way more rooms are needed than are available for graduation weekend.

If Daniel says there's something at Hampton Inn North I'd grab it regardless of price. You can always cancel if you find something else. You might have some success calling some of the locations directly. I don't know if they still do it, but I know some kept waiting lists.

If you get to the point of having availability at only one of the very low rated hotels (the bottom 4-5 on the Trip Advisor listing) I would say DON'T DO IT. Those are some nasty hotel/motels. I would stay further away and drive into Ann Arbor over staying at any of those.

You will find hotels on the outskirts of Ann Arbor booking up soon too. I'm guessing the nicer places in Ypsilanti are already booked too (Eagle Crest Resort by Marriott would be one to try--it is quite large). There are many choices within a half hour drive: Plymouth, Canton, and Belleville are roughly between the airport and Ann Arbor. If you have to go further north you can try Northville, Novi, or Brighton.

I would definitely try to get something reserved ASAP even if it is not your first choice.

3. Re: University Michigan May 3, 2014 Graduation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 06:18